Excellent general use B-Complex-NON GMO

Posted by NBPT100 on Aug 09, 2013

This is an excellent B-Complex that is well balanced. I like the fact that they use the Methyl form of B-12 and folic acid. As they explain in their literature, the methyl form is what the body uses and thus a more efficient way to supplement. Some people can't convert to the methyl form making most B-complexes ineffective. For someone who is healthy and just wants to make sure they are getting enough of the complex this is great. For someone with a specific health issue they can use this and supplement with isolated b vitamins like b3, B5, or a sublingual Methyl B12 to get the therapeutic dose they desire. Also, there is a 1 star review written by someone from Australia stating that Thorne uses GMO's in their products. I went on Thorne's website and they take a very strong policy stand against using GMO's. Below is a quote. "Thorne Research, Inc. does not make any products that contain Genetically Modified Organisms (known as GMOs)." They are also partnering with an anti GMO group. Below is another quote. "Thorne Research is partnering with the Non-GMO Project, a non-profit organization that verifies that products are free of GMOs or materials derived from GMOs. The Non-GMO Project has developed a nationally recognized standard that has been developed by industry partners who, like Thorne Research, share the concern about the long-term safety of GMOs." I have no interest in defending Thorne. They are big enough to defend themselves. I just don't like it when someone takes a shot at someone with un- true info. If you like this review, kindly visit my homepage to read more value added reviews. Helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

B complex

Posted by Reviewer1884425 on Nov 22, 2011

This product seems good. This is the best balanced b complex on iHerb (but it would be much better with benfotiamine and pantethine). The B6 level isn't too high and it is coenzymed. This vitamin is more toxic than people may think (especially pyridoxine). However, i still think that the thiamin and niacin level are a bit too high... This is like if companies put more vitamins to sell their products more expensively or because they don't have the technology to deal with smaller doses... In some cases, high doses are justified but not always.

Not right for me

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 19, 2013

I like that this formulation does not mega dose B6 (only 10 mg), though the mega doses of other B vitamins mean this formula is not right for me. Also don't understand the need to include magnesium laurate, calcium laurate - more unnecessary junk. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Works great.

Posted by Evolema on Nov 15, 2011

I am vegetarian and have been for 10 years. I have have probably been vitamin b deficient for this time because of nonchalance. Especially in b6 and b12. My tiredness just vanished and I have energy all day long. Bad sleep and hallucinations i use to have during nighttime disappeared. My panic attacks that i use to have disappeared. The maze or foggy consciousness during the day disappeared. This product changed my life.

GMO product

Posted by Reviewer2421376 on Nov 08, 2012

I'd give it a minus if there was such a rating! Thorne claim they use a mix of GMO and non-GMO products! but REFUSE to confirm the status of any individual products, leaving customers blind! Well, buyer we ware! I suggest iherb drop this brand until they become willing to disclose the GMO status of their products!

Better form of Vitamin B-6

Posted by Reviewer3245860 on Jan 13, 2015

The only B complex I've found that contains the active form (P-5-P) of vitamin B-6. The cheaper form of B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL) makes me really tired. Also, Thorne supplements do not contain magnesium stearate, a waxy filler often made from cottonseed oil, which I am allergic to.

Nice product

Posted by Reviewer2440087 on Dec 20, 2014

I like this product. My understanding is that the vitamins contained with the product are the more bio-available variants. This Brand is recommended in the book "Drug Muggers:...". I was a bit concerned that some of the vitamins were so much higher than the recommended daily allowances, but having done a bit of reading on that I am happy that the quantities are safe. I'm even more confident that the product is well thought out. Being in Australia, postage can be quite expensive - but that is not the case with iHerb; and the product was delivered very quickly too.

I love this B Complex, really helped with my pyrroles and MTHFR management

Posted by grainfreeliving on Jul 22, 2015

Although Thorne does other B's specifically aimed at MTHFR, I have found that I am doing better when I switched to this one. I have the a1298C defective gene and this B really helps. It does not make me feel sick and I can even take it close to bedtime and it does not keep me awake. I range from 1 to 3 a day, depending on my stress levels and I love how I can be in control of my dose according to my needs.

Bioavailable Ingredients

Posted by 5018346123604819158 on Dec 27, 2013

Threw out my other cheaper B complex in favor of this one, this has the B vitamins in a bio-available form that your body can utilize straight away. I take it on the days I don't eat properly. I've never slept very well, and this may have contributed to me sleeping better at night (if taken in the morning).

Quality product recommended by my doctor

Posted by 4614833340513791876 on Jul 24, 2013

Since taking this, I have noticed when bending or squating down that the dizzy spells and slight black outs have reduced in severity.