Great Product, Great Company, Good Value

Posted by TheGeneral on Jan 31, 2013

First, they list these as a veggie cap which means it is a capsule not a caplet or soft transparent capsule. It looks like any other capsule, but the capsule part is not plastic based but vegetable based. I chose Thorne because of their integrity and quality and research. Both my son, age 16, and I take these. He take 1/2 the daily dosage and I take the full daily dosage. We have only been using these for about 2-3 weeks and here is what we have observed. For my son and I we both have more energy and a better sense of well being. We both do not get upset stomachs like we use to from tablet based vitamins that use the lower grade vitamin Bs. His acne has cleared up and both of us sleep better. I find the vitamins absorb well and I can tell this because of the color of my urine. I plan on making these our staple MV as long as Thorne maintains their quality, integrity, and value. My wife will probably switch from her current MV also, but right now she is happy with it. They are a pricey, but given that they have better quality of vitamins and minerals and it comes in a capsule it makes it worth it to us. The capsules are not large and they are easy to swallow. With regards to iHerb, they are a class act in their customer service and to me they have earned my business especially with their incentives and shipping cost. One thing I would encourage most reviewers to do is invest your time and try to provide more information on the products you purchase instead of just saying how great iHerb is. As for me and probably other reviewers and customers, having informative and honest product reviews enhances this community and enables iHerb to offer only the best and effective products to its customers. Remember, if they can reduce their inventory cost and only supply effective and high quality vitamins, we all win out. It is a true win-win.

The Best Multi Around!!!!

Posted by bhaktaboy on Feb 09, 2013

I had a very low mineral count for quite sometime and my Integrative Doc put me onto this. My levels are now back to normal, skin is much healthier and I'm much better overall. I use Thorne products as they are the very best quality ingredients and contain no fillers, additives, etc. They also use NO synthetic ingredients or versions of any vitamin or mineral. They also use the most bio-available forms of each nutrient. So many other companies use synthetic ingredients. Thorne thoroughly do their research and only provide the best products and ingredients. This multi contains very generous amounts of all vitamins and minerals. I feel completely comfortable that I'm getting what I need from this product accompanied by a well balanced diet. Diet alone is not enough as we are now living in the most polluted period this planet has ever seen. Our bodies are easily depleted by the bombardment of environmental toxins. We lose many key detox minerals. So we now need to supplement along with a fresh organic diet as much as possible to support our bodies detox 24/7. I've got friends now using this multi an are amazed at just how good it is! If anyone wants more info regarding the environmental toxins and the body, healing supposedly incurable diseases then I highly recommend anything by Dr Sherry Rogers, especially Detoxify or Die.

The best!

Posted by Reviewer3100938 on Jun 24, 2011

This is the only multiple I ever found that contains all active B vitamins so that no matter what genetic defects you may have or nutritional problems, you will be able to utilize these B vitamins (they are 'pre-metabolized' bypassing the need for functional enzymes to break them down). I used to take active B vitamins 2x/day, but now I can skip once because this multiple takes the place of one.

Only vitamin I use

Posted by Reviewer1102322 on Jun 07, 2011

This is an excellent multivitamin, worth having to take 6 capsules a day. I must take with food or I will get a stomach ache- potent formula. Dramatic imporvement in energy and first saw changes in condition of my nails..

Super!

Posted by 5188800189467108845 on Feb 11, 2014

Since I started taking Basic Nutrient + magnesium my life has been given back to me. I had suffered from 2 years of fatigue and was recommended to start with Basic Nutrient and magnesium. After 4 month i suddenly was not tired anymore. Now I have taken this regularly for 1,5 years and I feel so much better :)

I take them for energy and PCOS

Posted by Reviewer1634930 on Sep 11, 2010

I ordered these for two reasons. FIrstly, I wanted a good vitamin B complex to get me out of bed in the morning as I've been taking antidepressant medication and just cannot get motivated in the morning. Taking these helps make it manageable. When I ran out for a week I was late for work everyday! Secondly, I have polycystic ovaries and these supplements contain good quantities of the things meant to be beneficial for shrinking the cysts and regulating insulin (vitamin B, chromium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, vitamin D and calcium). I take extra Chromium, CoEQ10 and fish oils as well and only rarely get sharp pains from the cysts now so am hoping it's helping, certainly feels like it is.

Superb

Posted by 5191743569630999831 on Jun 25, 2016

I have come upon Thorn Basic Nutrients V quite by accident, while reading about adrenal fatigue and such. The author I was reading at the time had been making a point of supplementing Thorne BN V because it was the only multi he could actually tolerate due to Hashimoto decease, as Thorne didn't contain iron on one hand and had metabolically active forms of vitamin B12 on the other. I must say I have been on sport vitamins for a year or so prior, which used to make my urine acidic yellow (due to high vitamin B utilization, as they explained, whereas extra Bs been flushed out of my body). I found it hard to believe but kept supplementing anyway. Didn't feel anything , but that's the thing about vitamins, right? Now, I have been through extremely stressful times in my twenties and early thirties, , and since then suffered some sort of condition similar to PTSD, or may be it was PTSD which I never cared to diagnose. All that led to weakened immune system, nervous breakdowns, eczema, psoriasis, foot fungus and even low self esteem. I have tried everything to fight it all off but nothing, nothing would work. Still I wouldn't give up, too. I have made exercise a part of my daily life, started to suplement whey protein, Omega3, acquired healthy sleep habits, developed a food safety rules and eventually bought Basic Nutrients V. Now, in many many years this was a vitamin I could actually feel. May be the effect varies from person to person, or may be I happen to have some genetic abnormality that prevents me from metabolizing inactive forms of vitamin B, I don't know. All that staff got me thinking, so I started to dig deeper. It further turned out that Basic Nutrients V has methylfolate instead of folic acid, methylcobalamin instead of cobalamin, P5P instead of pyridoxine..and so on. I have not idea what it mean yet, and I am still digging. It's been about a month since I have tried it first, but , I have just reordered another bottle ahead of time. As for supplementing dosage, it's quite unusual to me because their Serving Size is Six Capsules. I tried different variations, like 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening, or 5 in the morning and 1 in the evening, or all 6 for the argument sake. Can't say what's better yet. As for my urine, it's back to normal, colorless color. Human kind! Not that anyone interested, but it's vitamins we are talking about... So, peace!

Doctor recommended

Posted by Reviewer1868309 on Jan 02, 2014

I switched to this multi on advice from my naturopath, but not after doing my own research into the product's quality. I am confident that it delivers what it claims to. I stopped it using for a while, trying another brand that promised more nutrients for less money, but began to feel somewhat under-the-weather after about 3 weeks. The other brand also had a funny smell and taste, and with my food allergies, I didn't want to take any chances, so I switched back to Thorne's multiple, and felt much better after only 2 weeks. It's definitely worth the extra cost, and thanks to iHerb I can buy it for less than retail.

Thorne Research, Basic V

Posted by Reviewer2073382 on Jul 10, 2010

My doctor recommended this product and I've used it for years. I recommend it for anyone who wants a daily vitamin without iron or iodine.

Doctor recommended

Posted by Reviewer2279939 on Apr 21, 2011

Was recommended this brand by my doctor. I'm very impressed with the quality ingredients. Especially the 1000mcgs of MTHF

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »