Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Thorne Research, Basic Prenatal, 90 Veggie Caps

Perfect

Posted by Reviewer1912130 on Jan 20, 2011

This company has a reputation for making high-quality supplements. I am pregnant and have had a previous miscarriage, possibly due to a clotting disorder I never knew I had (MTHFR) having to do with my inability to absorb Folic Acid from food; so my Naturopath recommended a supplement that contained Folate as 5-MTHF. Thorne was the only company I could find that sold this form of Folate, and I was so pleased to find they include it in their Prenatal. I am entering my Third Trimester and the baby appears to be as healthy as can be. Thank you!

Too much iron

Posted by Reviewer1723143 on Mar 06, 2012

If you're vegetarian or normally don't get enough iron in your diet, maybe this would work for you. For me, it caused constipation and black stools -- from way too much iron. I'm not pregnant yet, but can't use these to prepare.

Terrible!

Posted by Reviewer3014897 on Sep 29, 2010

These were recommended to be because they have a more absorbable form of folate but they made me very sick. I don't get morning sickness at all while pregnant but I vomited when I took these. A shame because I'm a fan of thorne products.

Prenatal 90 review

Posted by Reviewer2336741 on Mar 29, 2010

So far, I'm pleased. Starting taking because my hair is thinning terribly. Vitamin D plus the prenatal vitamins was recommended by a friend. It hasn't been a month, but I'm surprised at how much my hair has grown since I started taking them on March 8th. what I hope is that it thickens my hair. I will defintely order again...soon!

Have been taking these vitamins for a year

Posted by Reviewer2000244 on Mar 30, 2011

I started taking these vitamins before getting pregnant, continued during the whole pregnancy. My baby is 2 months old now, I am breastfeeding and still take the vitamins! I could feel the difference- I feel great!