Vit C

Posted by Reviewer3219343 on Jan 06, 2010

I have chronic fatigue and having tried many different brands of Vitamin C this Thorne product is the easiest on my stomach. Other brands were acidic and an irritant and some gave me heart burn.

Excellent form of Vitamin C for animals as well as humans

Posted by Reviewer3100668 on Jan 17, 2012

I add this to my dog's food and she has recovered amazingly well from a life-threatening condition. My cats get some in their food as well. It's easier on all of our digestive systems than straight ascorbic acid. Thorne Research makes the best quality, magnesium stearate-free products I have found!

Thorne Buffered C Powder, great product!

Posted by Reviewer2249021 on May 30, 2012

This product was recommended by a M.D. holistic doctor for healing throughout the body and reducing inflamation. I found it to totally agree with digestion. Many times I will getstomach upset with C vitamins but I was able to take up to 7000 mg. a day of this product without any problem. A very good product and I would recommend it. Great for the immune system. You can just take it with water or a juice preferably something not acidic.

recommend

Posted by Reviewer1304911 on Dec 26, 2010

very easily absorbed. i am unable to eat hardly any fruit on my restricted diet and this is so easily digested highly recommend

Buffered Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2462465 on Mar 09, 2012

Thorne makes the best Buffered C Powder on the market in my opinion. iHerb has the best prices and their shipping was rocket fast!

absorption seems low

Posted by Reviewer1625695 on Jun 16, 2014

I am by no means an expert on Vitamin C, but the absorption rate of this powder seems very low. I switched to it from a different brand with almost exactly the same ingredient breakdown. That other product produced noticeable G.I. activity within an hour or so, which is what you would expect with a large dose of Vitamin C being rapidly absorbed in the intestines on an empty stomach. This product, however, does not produce any noticeable G.I. response. My urine also seemed more pungent and quite a big more vibrant in color than usual, which tells me that a lot of the Vitamin C is not being absorbed and is simply leaving my system. It's also not nearly as effervescent as the other product is. It barely fizzes at all, whereas the other one fizzes like a soft drink. I've switched back to the other product for now. I wish I knew more of what was going on, because just going by labels this should be virtually identical. I'm going to keep looking and see if I can nail down the differences.

Review Buffered C Powder (Thorne Research)

Posted by Reviewer1225956 on Jan 09, 2012

Being a Thorne product, i'm sure this is also a top quality product but i couldn't stomache this product as it's not a great tasting vit c..

Really Like It

Posted by Reviewer1938584 on Feb 01, 2012

This is easy to stir into water and take. I think it gives more energy and I would not want to be without it. Good for adrenals, and some magnesium and calcium in it also.

packs a punch

Posted by Reviewer1128603 on Nov 01, 2010

pure powder, large 2000 mg dose of c. good price for mgs.

Great source of Vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer1707703 on Dec 09, 2010

I prefer powder over pills. I suggest this product be taken with food our it may cause upset stomach.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »