July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Thorne Research, Choleast, 120 Veggie Caps

Unsucessful Introduction.

Posted by 4939068616478644651 on Aug 26, 2012

My Wife was involved in a near fatal RTA in 1963. She now has a VERY highly permeable blood brain barrier.Bought this product to see if the Statin could help reduce this permeabilty. Trial introduction Abandoned due to central nervous system side effects after 48 Hrs. Statins have been reported as being effective against BBB dysfunction sadly my Wife's BBB is Too compromised. My studies have been extensive and research clearly suggests that Red Rice Yeast/ statin may well be effective in reducing BBB permeability in MS situations. If you choose to go down this route may I also suggest a combined Magnesium, Calcium and Boron Supplement at RDA. Calcium in it's ionic form is a central pillar of normal BBB funtionality, and often lacking Post Menopause. God Bless.

Quality product

Posted by Reviewer2186886 on Nov 14, 2011

This is the same product that is sold by my naturopath and I save a few dollars by purchasing it through IHerb. I have found it to be effective- lowering my total cholesterol from 280 to 190 over a years time.

Could not live without.

Posted by Reviewer2296928 on Mar 22, 2011

I love this product. It truly works. Took my cholesterol from 398 to 160 in 6 weeks. Love, Love.

Statin drugs are risky and unnecessary

Posted by Reviewer1067375 on Jan 26, 2011

I have taken Choleast by Thorne since 2003. It has helped tremendously in keeping my otherwise high total cholesterol at reasonable levels. For my body, this product reduces my LDL without reducing my HDL and that gives me a good ratio. It also helps keep LDL particles large and buoyant instead of small and dense. Small and dense particles gives greater capacity to lodge in vessels and collectively become plaque. I also appreciate that Thorne Research has added CoQ10 to their product. This is not the case with many other red yeast rice products on the market. Red Yeast Rice (and pharma statin drugs) are documented for depleting CoQ10 in the body so if one takes a red yeast rice product without CoQ10, one should supplement.

cholest

Posted by Reviewer1847327 on Dec 04, 2010

Bought my cholesterol down to healthy range and dcotor is very happy with the results.