No more transfusions!

Posted by Reviewer1432598 on Sep 07, 2011

In late 2009 my mother reached a critical stage of anemia and had to have a blood transfusion. The doctor told her she had lost her ability to absorb iron and she would likely need transfusions for the rest of her life. About 8 months later she was told she would need another transfusion in 2 or 3 months. I found this product while researching some supplements for my Autistic son. I convinced my mom to try it since it was not very expensive and was supposed to stay together until deep in the gut. That was almost a year ago, and she has not had to have a second transfusion and today was told her iron/ferritin levels were within a normal range! Thorne makes great products and I would recommend this one to anyone with an iron deficiency.

It helps but be careful with iron supplementation and how it affects the other minerals in your body.

Posted by 5407917945385245687 on Apr 08, 2015

I had been taking these for nearly a year. At the beginning my anemia went away, but 2 months ago I became anemic, even though I was taking them. I learned in my research that when one supplements with iron, one needs to take at least 2 mg of copper and 15mg of zinc. (unfortunately doctors are not aware of this) Copper is essential for iron absorption, and when one takes too much iron it lowers the copper in the body. Zinc is necessary for Copper absorption. One has to be very careful with these minerals too much or too little of one of these causes deficiencies of the other. I stopped taking these and am eating more copper and zinc foods and some iron foods. I noticed my energy picking up again, my heart is beating normally, I feel strong and my last period was a breeze. So my anemia must be gone. If you HAVE TO supplement iron make sure you check your zinc and copper levels.

Good Product

Posted by iJenNZ on Aug 13, 2012

This was purchased for a family member who was diagnosed with iron deficiency anaemia and who could not tolerate the prescription ferrous sulphate. It has the added benefit of also containing safe forms of folate and vitamin B12. A word of warning - do not take an iron supplement unless blood tests show that you have are iron deficient. Iron overload is a very serious and relatively common condition which, if present, could be made worse by supplementing with iron.

Fantastic Product

Posted by Reviewer2730476 on Sep 06, 2010

I have very low ferritin levels and have been trying several types of irons since being diagnosed. They all gave me headaches. Not sure why, but I guessed not only was it the type of iron, but, perhaps I wasn't absorbing it properly. I take some of Thornes other products and have always been impressed with the quality so I decided to give this one a shot. If it gave me headaches, well at least it was only $12. It's been a week and so far no headaches. Plus the floaters in front of my eyes are diminishing. I'll report back in a month or so, but I would be curious to hear if anyone else has had similar issues with iron.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3019689 on Nov 06, 2014

I have been struggling with low iron due to heavy periods and had other iron tablets which gave me headaches and yukky tummy. I had four iron injections and my irons levels did not move. My iron was sitting at 11 took these tablets and even forgot to take them some days and my iron levels have gone up to 55 - the best they have been for 2 years. (ps also went gluten free during this time which no doubt has helped with absorption) I have run out of these lately about 2 weeks ago and my energy levels have dropped a lot .. Sadly they are currently out of stock so will have to order Thornes other iron tablets for now. Also helps with MTHFR due to the reduced form of Vitamin B .. hope this helps someone ..thank you to all those who do put reviews on iherb - certainly has helped me find some life changing products... :)

Helper of anemic symptom

Posted by Reviewer2923133 on Nov 06, 2012

I was suffering the symptom of anemia from irregular bleeding due to having a large size Uterine Fibroids in the uterus. Was lightheaded and unable to function normally in daily life. Thorne really helped me to recover faster and maintain a good energy level. The anemic symptom has greatly reduced and has also enabled me to do more physical work at home.

Ferrasorb Veggie caps

Posted by Reviewer1130925 on Dec 04, 2009

I am very thankful for this supplement which was ordered by my Naturopathic Doctor. It gives my liver a boost, and keeps me healthy. Thank you

Best MTHFR supplement ever!!!

Posted by 5227052182950511994 on Aug 11, 2015

Has the right foliate and b12 as well as iron. Always had issues with Iron and with my MTHFR with foliate and b12. Take it every day! iron levels are fantastic! helps with the hypo Thyroid too!!! cannot recommend it enough!

Good iron supplement

Posted by 4901537405748395929 on May 13, 2014

Perfect for me a vegan who misses out on iron and b12. Good absorption. Always like Thorne research brand. Minimal excipient ingredients too.

good absorption iron

Posted by truevitality on Dec 31, 2012

Thorne always has great products and this one is no exception. The iron in this formula is very easy to absorb.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »