New To iHerb?

Thorne Research, Ferrasorb, 60 Veggie Caps

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Good Product

Posted by iJenNZ on Aug 13, 2012

This was purchased for a family member who was diagnosed with iron deficiency anaemia and who could not tolerate the prescription ferrous sulphate. It has the added benefit of also containing safe forms of folate and vitamin B12. A word of warning - do not take an iron supplement unless blood tests show that you have are iron deficient. Iron overload is a very serious and relatively common condition which, if present, could be made worse by supplementing with iron.

No more transfusions!

Posted by Reviewer1432598 on Sep 07, 2011

In late 2009 my mother reached a critical stage of anemia and had to have a blood transfusion. The doctor told her she had lost her ability to absorb iron and she would likely need transfusions for the rest of her life. About 8 months later she was told she would need another transfusion in 2 or 3 months. I found this product while researching some supplements for my Autistic son. I convinced my mom to try it since it was not very expensive and was supposed to stay together until deep in the gut. That was almost a year ago, and she has not had to have a second transfusion and today was told her iron/ferritin levels were within a normal range! Thorne makes great products and I would recommend this one to anyone with an iron deficiency.

Fantastic Product

Posted by Reviewer2730476 on Sep 06, 2010

I have very low ferritin levels and have been trying several types of irons since being diagnosed. They all gave me headaches. Not sure why, but I guessed not only was it the type of iron, but, perhaps I wasn't absorbing it properly. I take some of Thornes other products and have always been impressed with the quality so I decided to give this one a shot. If it gave me headaches, well at least it was only $12. It's been a week and so far no headaches. Plus the floaters in front of my eyes are diminishing. I'll report back in a month or so, but I would be curious to hear if anyone else has had similar issues with iron.

Ferrasorb Veggie caps

Posted by Reviewer1130925 on Dec 04, 2009

I am very thankful for this supplement which was ordered by my Naturopathic Doctor. It gives my liver a boost, and keeps me healthy. Thank you

good absorption iron

Posted by truevitality on Dec 31, 2012

Thorne always has great products and this one is no exception. The iron in this formula is very easy to absorb.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »