Thorne Research, Pantethine, 60 Veggie Caps

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Contains mold-derived ingredient

Posted by Reviewer1854340 on Mar 29, 2014

This is almost a great product except for the fact that it contains magnesium citrate laurate as one of the "other ingredients.". Any vitamin or mineral that includes the term "citrate" is a derivative of citric acid. Now you might think of citrus fruits when you hear of citric acid, fruits like lemons, oranges and limes. But citric acid is not made from citrus fruits. It is made from "aspergillus niger," otherwise known as "black mold." If you don't believe me, just google "citric acid industrial production" and you will see how it is made. It's not some nice mom in her kitchen squeezing lemons one at a time to make your citric acid - it's huge steel vats of black fungus. So any product that claims to contain citrate and to also be yeast free is not entirely truthful, especially if you're someone who is either sensitive to molds or has a less than perfect immune system. And if your immune system were perfect, you wouldn't be taking supplements in the first place. Unlike some reviewers, I don't care whether you click the Yes button or not. I'm not writing this to get your vote or your money. I'm writing it to help you avoid making the same mistake as me and to encourage Thorne, who usually make great products, to consider removing citrates.

Great product, prompt service

Posted by Reviewer1983543 on May 10, 2011

This has been great for adrenal support and as always, iherb were easy to deal with.

Anne McCraw

Posted by Reviewer3345124 on Mar 01, 2012

It gives me a little extra energy and not good to take toward night as it keeps you awake

Pantethine

Posted by Reviewer1913390 on Nov 06, 2011

I started taking this on advice of my doctor. I love this supplement. It helps my RLS tremendously. We're working on eliminating it totally but for now this supplement is great. I have a terrible time falling asleep without taking it first. I was taking Aleve before bed so I could fall asleep, 5 or 6 pills every night. I was concerned about taking such high dosages for such a long period of time so finding that this eliminates the need to take even one Aleve really relieves my mind. I had tried medicines for my RLS but always had major side effects with them. I don't do well with conventional medicine.

Great brand

Posted by Reviewer2047651 on May 20, 2010

This brand is third party tested from what I know. High quality brand

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »