Trace Minerals Research, Mega-Mag, Natural Ionic Magnesium with Trace Minerals, 400 mg, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

Reviews 2-star

Absorbs well

Posted by Reviewer3101973 on Jan 31, 2013

I like the form of magnesium in this product - Magnesium Chloride. I find that it absorbs better than others. I also find that it makes water taste better and softer to me. This is a very good thing because I often don't drink enough water. Most people seem to hate the taste of this stuff but that's not the case for me, as long as it is taken in a glass of water. After using this product for awhile, I read that that the Great Salt Lake (where this is sourced) has one of the highest levels of mercury of any body of water in the world. I then came across a YouTube video by alternative health author John Heinerman showing the actual location where Trace Minerals Research source their products from. It was not a pretty picture - quite shocking actually. The YouTube videos are "Trace Minerals Truth Revealed" and "Trace Minerals Truth Revealed Part II" if you want to have a look. I was very disappointed because I really liked this stuff. It simply isn't worth it to me to risk ingesting mercury so I have stopped using it. I am providing this information in my review so that other people can at least be aware that there may be a mercury (and other contaminant) issue here and can do their own research. Now I take my magnesium chloride in the form of Life Flow Health Magenesium Oil on my skin. Magnesium chloride also helps raise DHEA (if it is low) by applying it to the skin - an added bonus. I hope you find this information useful.