10% Off Orders Over $40!

Twinlab, Cher-Amino Protein, Cherry Flavor, 32 fl oz (960 ml)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Stuart McCallum

Posted by Reviewer1375599 on Nov 07, 2008

I have been looking for a product like this for five years. Finally I have found it. It has literally transformed my life. I have advanced Parkinson's Disease, which is difficult enough to cope with on a day to day basis, butI have the added complication of being among that minority of patients(20%) who experience a conflict with protein absorption and carbo levodopa, the mainstay medicine for treatment of PD. If I take any protein any where near the medication , it competes with the medication for absorption, and the protein always wins. It takes 3-4 hours for the amino acids (protein) to digest, literally keeping the medication waiting for the all clear signal. This has been the single most troublesome aspect of PD for me. On any given day I would be either protein deprived or undermedicated. Often times I would miscalculate and take my levodopa at the wrong time, and would be unable to move about or walk,remaining bedridden until the protein was digested, allowing the medication to get to work. In my ongoing search for an answer to this problem, (forget the doctors and phrmeueticals, they had zero information on this subject)I stumbled accross Twin Labs Pre-Digested Protein and decided to try it. Miracle of miracles!!! It worked!! I take a total of four tablespoons per day, and it works very well. I would advize anyone with protein malabsorption problems to try this product, tailoring the amount and times to your specific needs.

Protien for Friends and Fitness

Posted by Reviewer3164354 on Oct 06, 2009

Great muscle growth product! No upset stomach or flatulence that is so common with powder protien mixes. So not only do you get to build muscle ..... you can keep your friends too.

Fibromyalgia, Collagen production, Any condition of poor protein utilisation

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Jan 30, 2009

Studies have shown that fibromyalgia patients have a significantly lower total concentration of the major amino acids of collagen than normal. Two amino acids that mainly occurs in collagen is Hydroxyproline and Hydroxylysine and they are as mentioned low in fibromyalgia sufferers. They are rare in amino acid formulas, but they are found in this product. The amino acids are free-form so all of us who cannot break down proteins properly can do so with this product. I notice less pain and also my skin is looking more firm after only a month and a half.

Great dietary supplement.

Posted by Reviewer1169361 on Aug 05, 2009

Even though I eat pretty healthy and try to get a good balance in my diet, most foods just don't have enough (or wide enough a spectrum) of the essentials our bodies need. I used to buy the regular flavor of this protein (which tasted kind of bad, but you get used to it), but this has mostly the same nutrients in a bigger bottle and a better flavor. I'm very glad iHerb carries this, and I will continue to buy to round out my dietary nutrition.

Twinlab, Cher-Amino Protein, Cherry Flavor

Posted by Reviewer2985222 on Jul 30, 2008

We like this product as an added protein source. It's better if mixed with half glass of water; easier to digest even though it's predigeste--just that it is very concentrated.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »