Twinlab Copper help stop gray.

Posted by Reviewer1805704 on Mar 28, 2008

This product works well to help stop graying of the hair. It really works. When my husband's hair starts getting too noticeably gray on the sides, he'll take one a day for a few days, to a week or so, and it stops the graying & reverts back to normal. Then it's okay for a while. Works on my hair too. I have no noticeable gray, but when I notice it, I take the copper for a while and my hair turns back to normal. Then we can stop taking it for quite a while until it starts turning gray again. It also softens coarse hair. Seems to work for us. I had read somewhere a few years ago that one of the major causes of gray hair was actually a copper deficiency. No bad side efffects for us so far and we've been doing this off & on for 2 years.

PERFECT - Tiny capsules that work - SEE NOTE RE GREY HAIR

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jun 29, 2015

GREY HAIR - if you're taking copper for grey hair, it pays to be aware that copper - in the presence of low methionine and/or glutathione - could either not work, or cause MORE grey hair. LOW METHIONINE can lead to a build up of hydrogen peroxide in hair follicles, reduced tyrosinase effectiveness, and a gradual loss of hair color - refer PUB MED 1-9-2-3-7-5-0-3. COPPER is a component of Cu-Zn SOD, which catalyses superoxide radicals into oxygen - OR - hydrogen peroxide. The outcome can be affected by low levels of methionine (as above), enzyme inhibition OR glutathione and/or its co-factors. GLUTATHIONE PEROXIDASE is needed to reduce free hydrogen peroxide to water. It's a SELENIUM-containing enzyme, NAD is a co-factor. INSOMNIA - Are you a night owl? Low copper can cause insomnia. HISTAMINE ISSUES? Copper is a natural anti-histamine, required for Amine oxidase (aka histaminase/diamine oxidase). I don't understand why anyone would chelate copper into oblivion unless proven copper dysfunction (e.g. Wilson's Disease). Many physiological processes rely on copper (e.g. Tyrosinase, Nitrite reductase, Catechol oxidase, etc). If you find yourself with CFS/ME, MCS, food intolerances - (histamine aside) consider things such as foods that are known to contain enzymes like Polyphenol oxidase, which could exacerbate low copper issues. Also be aware of copper antagonists/synergists, enzyme inhibitors/hidden chelators such as EDTA, citrate/citric acid. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Dana

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Oct 25, 2008

I stumbled across an article about copper deficiency in animals causing sway back and spasm. It is similar to copper deficiency in humans. My daughter has suffered with chronic spasticity and anemia for years. She started this supplement a month ago and said how great she feels. If you take iron supplements and/or zinc, I read that you also need to take copper and at least 2 hours before or 4 hours after iron and/or zinc. I believe it! This has been a life saver!!!

copper

Posted by Reviewer1488008 on Mar 30, 2010

One of the best anti-fungal nutritional food substance available. Taken with care not to exceed more than one tablet each day with other nutritional suppliments in all fungal problems. Taken once each week may be of aid in preventing fungal diseases in poor health.

This product

Posted by Reviewer1562780 on Mar 12, 2008

I take it for the integrity of skin and connective tissue, bones and the stuff that connects them. I have degenerative disease in my spinal column and I'm hoping this makes things a little more solid inside of me. Service through this company is always fast, and very accurate! It keeps me coming back as well as not being able to find other items through my pharmacy.

works great

Posted by Reviewer2131132 on Oct 24, 2007

I take copper to help me absorb iron better and this copper has helped and works great!

VITAL COPPER

Posted by Reviewer2376062 on Jul 05, 2009

I WAS TAKING THE COPPER TO DEAL WITH SOME RENAL DISCOMFORT ISSUES. WELL, I CAN PROUDLY SAY THANK YOU GOD, THE PAIN IS GONE!!!!!!!

Helps restore mineral balance when removing toxic metals with seaweed

Posted by Reviewer1236145 on Sep 08, 2009

It's best to keep copper in the "Goldilocks Zone", as either too much or too little is bad. I take WITH FOOD once every 1-2 weeks when feeling run down. If I get brief nausea then I know I'm topped off. I'm not sure the average person needs this, especially if your water lines are copper.

Always good!

Posted by Reviewer3213655 on Oct 24, 2009

Have been using this brand of copper for several years, but hadn't taken in a long while. It stopped the dizziness and nosebleeds. I was deficient because of zinc use without copper. Great product.

Nice

Posted by Reviewer3104186 on Oct 27, 2010

Great pill size, I take a multivitamin with 2mg copper in the morning. This 2mg copper pill I take in the afternoon. Copper is essential it will avoid ruptures in your body and will keep your hair from going white.