Twinlab, DMAE Caps, 100 Capsules

Yes, this is great!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2082017 on Jan 29, 2011

Let me say I started using DMAE for its effects on skin tightening and was not taking this orally at first (topical instead). After a couple of months, decided to start taking since the bottle was just lying around. About 3-4 days later, I sudden realise I was feeling much more energetic in the morning instead of the usual brain fog. My mood was more positive too. I am taking other supplements, such as gingko. I couldn't figure out why I was thinking more clearly and in a better mood (have completely forgotten DMAE effects when ingested). Until I recalled I had introduced DMAE into my diet. I looked up DMAE and realise people take it for its cognitive and mood enhancing effects!! So I am happy to report DMAE works for me. It is not a placebo effect. Supposedly it does takes a couple of days to kick in. It makes a difference to my quality of life!

Cognitive alertness

Posted by Reviewer2671932 on Apr 25, 2009

I take this in conjunction with doctors best acetyl l-carnitine and have noted a marked increase in cognitive alertness when reading and performing most daily activities.

Works well for small doses, bad for liver though

Posted by Reviewer3307313 on Feb 15, 2011

After being deficient for a long time, I am really sensitive to acetylcholine, so this is great because I can easily split the dosage with these capsules as needed. UPDATE Feb 2011: I tried this after a long break during an episode of liver inflammation, and it is now obvious that it is not good for the liver at all. I won't be using DMAE ever again.

TWINLAB DMAE -100 Mg CAPS

Posted by Reviewer2352505 on Mar 06, 2008

NEURO-PROTECTIVE, I TAKE 2 CAPS BEFORE SLEEP. THE CAPS ABSORB BETTER THAN THE TABLETS. GOOD PRICE, CAN ENHANCE REM SLEEP.

DMAE - LOVE THIS!!! - PHYSICAL ENERGY , MENTAL FOCUS & IMPROVED MOOD!!!

Posted by Reviewer2944616 on Mar 23, 2014

I've been using this product for over a year. It gives me physical energy and mental focus. It also improves my emotional state & mood, and makes me a lot more confident! I can strike up a conversation with anyone anywhere! Bought it to boost mental focus to study. It helped my (self-diagnosed)ADD like a charm!!! I could sit & study for hours, when I had to. I could also organize paperwork and declutter closets, which I was extremely challenged with before. It motivates to exercise, so I'd lost weight and toned up quite a bit :)) I usually take only 1 cap first thing in the morning. Its much better than coffee! I like the low dose, because I'm very sensitive to anything. Occasionally, if I need an extra boost, I'll take another around 3pm. Taken later, it keeps me up too late. One side effect, if the dose is too high, you may get stiff neck. But it took me a year before I'd experienced that. I just lowered the dose back to 1 pill and it was gone. ***Great product!*** Btw, its found in fish, mostly sardines. But you have to eat A LOT to get the amount. UPDATE *** 2014 *** I took a break from this, as it's healthy to do now & then with any supplements. And in a couple of months I noticed that my facial skin got kind of older and dull. Oops... One major positive effect of this is it's rejuvenation of skin! So I started taking it again, only a much lower dose (about 30mg, i.e. 1/3 of the capsule - I just open the capsule and put the powder on my tongue, it tastes sour, but bearable). I'm taking a lower dose, because after a long-term use I'm no longer deficient, it seems, and don't need as much. It still has a significant effect on my ability to focus (on boring things!) and keeps me even keel, too! As for the skin, I need to take it for a while to be able to tell.