Not as effective as expected until tried sublingually

Posted by Reviewer3307313 on Jun 05, 2008

Taking two of these per day (total 400mg of thyroid glandular) has less effect than taking two of Natural Sources Raw Thyroid (total of 80mg of thyroid glandular mixed with other glandulars). I have tried both for a couple weeks each. Disappointed by this because I thought this was going to be more economical. Also has lots of unnecessary and unwanted fillers. Particularly propyethylene glycol (1,4-dioxane is a carcinogenic byproduct of ethoxylation, you can do a search on the web to find out more). Will stick to Natural Sources instead which is in caps. ADDENDUUM - Tried taking this sublingually, one in the morning and one at bedtime. It has much more effect that way, and feels more effective than the Natural Sources taken orally. I haven't tried Natural Sources sublingually yet. I still have issues with the fillers so I don't think I will be buying this again.

Throw the Synthroid Away

Posted by chucksgirl on Mar 14, 2010

The raw tissue is a mix of T4 and T3. T4 must be converted into T3 to be used by the body. Synthroid is a drug T4. Many bodies do not make the T4 to T3 conversion. I once did very well on a timed released T3, but after I moved, could not find a doctor who understands this, and is willing to prescribe the T3 that made me feel so much better. It is too often a belief system for doctors. Therefore I do the next best thing, which is larger doses of raw tissue. I like this brand for the price and the 200mg strength. I take 4-8 of these per day. Actually, I was taking 8, but with Dr. Christopher's two thyroid herb formulas, am now taking 4.

Hashimotos' Hypothyroidism

Posted by Reviewer1083956 on Oct 15, 2010

I am treating MYSELF for this disease with OTC meds. I take 2 of these every 4 hours with 1500mg L-Tyrosine. I feel better than I did at 35. I am 55 now. This has been a blessing for me!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2025838 on Dec 12, 2010

I like that this product doesn't contain iodine and other unnecessary stuff. My thyroid tests on the low end so I'm trying one a day for awhile. I'm also getting rid of non-stick cookware because it releases PFOA's which can inhibit your thyroid function. The PFOA's can take 4.5 years to get out of your system.

Fine product

Posted by Reviewer2139248 on Oct 23, 2013

This product does not smell badly, as one reviewer stated, and it did not make me sick, as another viewer stated. I am awaiting blood test results to see if it helps boost my T3 and T4 scores. The product is clean and seems to be of a high quality, given it being produced in an anti-GMO county. The cattle from which is is taken do not eat GMO Grain.

Best thyroid support ever ...

Posted by 5597033882599617136 on May 19, 2015

... and I've tried most of them. I used to take a thyroid glandular for years which worked fine till the manufacturers changed something about it (they wouldn't say what, although the actual tablets had changed in colour so something must've been altered ...) and I despaired of ever feeling like I used to again. This product is brilliant, has really kick-started my metabolism again and I have all the old energy back, taking the same number of tablets. it really is great and I hope it will stay around - unaltered - as long as I do! Just wish it was possible to make it a little cheaper/available in bottles of 200, especially since I have to have it sent to New Zealand, we can't buy anything like it over here. And the customer service is exceptional. I received my order in under a week and the freight cost was very reasonable compared to other American outlets. Thanks so much :)

Hashimoto's

Posted by 4669693988845461808 on Aug 23, 2015

I started Raw Thyroid for hypothyroidism three days ago. I feel SO MUCH better with it. I can really feel the difference in just a few days. Add.: in two weeks i had a specific thyroid blood test, the results showed improvement.

Excellent product

Posted by 5655768983917500979 on Jul 20, 2014

This product has given me better results than my prescription med. I take the pills sublingually & let them dissolve in my mouth before ingesting. And they do work. The transaction went smoothly, and the shipping & delivery faster than expected. I definitely recommend this product =D

This DOES work

Posted by Reviewer1723143 on Feb 15, 2010

As suggested by another reviewer, I tried this product sublingually and it definitely did work -- a little too well. After a few weeks taking one pill a day, I developed palpitations. I went off it until I can get my thyroid re-tested and hopefully find a dose that is appropriate for me. I gave it four stars because it would be nice to have a either smaller pills, or a little line on each tablet for easier pill splitting if one per day is too much for you.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1016182 on Oct 05, 2011

My vet suggested this product to help wean my dog of the L.Thyroxin thyroid pills,because this product is just the thyroid glandular no additional ingredients. It is working GREAT, he's down to just a 1/2 a pill from 3.5 a day! Highly recommend it.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »