Good for Workouts

Posted by Reviewer1416169 on Feb 02, 2009

I've tried both this product and the smoothie infusion from Vega and this is the top of the line in terms of getting optimal nutrition for your exercise program. Brendan has created a real substitute meal that is Vegan and tastes pretty good also. I buy this one (natural flavor) because you get more servings than the other flavors and it's a pretty neutral taste. The Chocolate flavor I will say rocks if you don't care about having the extra servings. The product doesn't come cheap but I will say the company's products are very high quality. I'd recommend getting the bigger size for cost savings and only use 1/2 the dose suggested for optimal cost savings. It's a winner!!

An absolute must in my daily smoothie!

Posted by Reviewer1021259 on Aug 23, 2010

Nutritionally speaking, Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer, is one of the best vegan nutritional powders out there, at least in my opinion. I add a scoop to my green smoothie everyday. The Natural flavor is definitely a neutral taste which is perfect for whatever fruits and veggies I want to add to my smoothie for the day. The Natural and Vanilla Chai are the best tasting flavors.

Great for energy and work outs!

Posted by DawnMellowship on May 17, 2012

It's unquestionably a good product from Vega but I have a real issue generally with 'natural' vanilla flavoring. Of course no flavorings are natural and I do wish they would use actual vanilla in these pricey products, just because they've gone to such efforts to make it otherwise very natural.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Best Health Optimizer EVER !!!!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Dec 21, 2013

Vega is probably one of the best tasting shakes out there. As for what TRULY matters: the quality of the shake. Vega is hands down the best of its kind on the Vegan/Vegetarian market. This isn't just a shake thrown together by marketers, this was based on years of research and development by Brendan Brazier, a true vegan athlete. It is the perfect combination of protein, fiber, vitamins, nutrients, and even some herbs. The protein itself is an amazing and hard (or impossible?) to find combination of hemp, pea protein, brown rice, and flax. NO soy, either! I've been taking these shakes for about two months and feel and see a noticeable difference, which is key - in energy level, muscle development, even mental clarity. As for the cost, sure its a little pricey, but it goes back to the old "you get what you pay for". Think about why taking a supplement is important to you, and then ask yourself if paying slightly more but receiving more benefits are worth making a sacrifice somewhere else. By they way, Vega is so inclusive that it eliminates the need for going to several different supplements, therefore I think the price basically evens out within a budget. Also, I find a half a serving (one scoop) does the trick just fine, so you can stretch out the life of a tub. Believe me, I've done my research, and there are some good products out there, but this one really is THE BEST !

Love Vega products

Posted by adechamplain on Nov 06, 2012

This was the original version which now is replaced by Vega One. The new VEga One in 5 flavours has better tasted and is lovely. I actually liked the old one too (this one) and it's a high quality product which will help iron out the edges if your diet is not always perfect. A great alternative to other snacks as well and an easy to make fast pick me up. I always have something like this on hand

mixed emotions

Posted by Reviewer1149642 on Mar 25, 2009

If you are looking for a meal replacement, I think this is a great product. excellent protein source and a good dose of other nutrients. I was really looking for a protein shake to use in conjunction with a new workout routine, thinking the other nutrients would be a bonus. But I find it really filling and worry that I will over do it on some vitamins...so I am switched to a straight protein powder.

Delicious and filling

Posted by Reviewer2105976 on Aug 02, 2012

I enjoy the natural flavor. I make green smoothies with this powder. I use coconut water in lieu of dairy replacements. It is delicious and filling, and the fiber is not to harsh on my stomach.

vega

Posted by Reviewer2144953 on Oct 20, 2012

I have only had this in smoothys it has been fine for me.

Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer, Natural Flavor

Posted by brobin on Oct 28, 2012

No review. Discontinued item.

Good product...

Posted by DoctorMav on Oct 27, 2012

...so long as you like the taste!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »