Kyolic Aged Garlic for Heart Health

Posted by Reviewer1713243 on Jul 05, 2009

In 2002 Medical Doctors at the Dayton Heart Hospital said that my mother was 99% blocked in all arteries leading to the heart and placed her on Hospice. I started giving her Kyolic Aged Garlic, CoQ-10, Hawthorn, Taurine, Nattokinaze, Olive Leaf Extract and Pomegranite juice and capsules. I have added some additional immune boosters since then (Epicor and Thymus Extract)as well as several other supplements. She is still living and is certainly better today than she was in 2002. I believe that the Kyolic Aged Garlic has had a beneficial effect in slowing down or stopping the progression of the atherosclerosis and I intend to continue giving it to her.

Have used for years.

Posted by Reviewer1714421 on Dec 21, 2007

Keeps blood pressure and cholesterol low. This is the best choice of the Kyolic brand for these reasons. Lab results don't lie!

Absolutely no help for blood pressure

Posted by 5235022637898214777 on Apr 29, 2015

I am a 62 year old male with high BP. I had tried another garlic product before Kyolic but had to stop because of the indigestion it was causing. Since those capsules weren't enteric coated they were dissolving immediately upon entering the stomach and releasing the very potent active ingredient (Alliin) into the digestive system - not very pleasant. With Kyolic aged garlic I had no stomach problems but no improvement either. I have since read that aged and/or odorless varieties of garlic supplements contain significantly lower amounts of Alliin, most of it being destroyed in the process. Since Kyolic is not enterically coated, obviously it wouldn't need to be with a low Alliin content due to aging, I assume that is why I got no benefit. I was taking 3 per day! I would suggest searching iHerb for a good alternative (there are a couple) with ample amounts of Alliin and definitely enteric coated so that the Alliin is first released when it reaches your small intestine.

I'm so glad they carry this!

Posted by Reviewer2376042 on Mar 02, 2009

This is considered the best brand but also the best dosage for heart and cholesterol issues. I listened to a whole show by a noted cardiologist who kept reiterating that this is the brand and strength and format you want. I'm thrilled that you carry it!

It really works!

Posted by Reviewer1334353 on Sep 03, 2009

I bought this particular brand because its the strongest potency you can find. I've been using with a couple of other products to clear up boils. I'm using 1 capsule morning and night, and its working. Also, I had a small wart on my finger that has shrunk to half its original size and its only been two weeks. I am having success, yeah for me. Thanks iHerb you rock.