Left a slight bitter aftertaste

Posted by 4890437343456245220 on May 26, 2015

I'm not a heavy sugar user but thought I'd like to switch to a healthier alternative for the sake of my 12-year old daughter who has a sweet tooth. I bought this stevia based on the good reviews but was disappointed. There's a slightly bitter, unpleasant aftertaste that lingers for hours. I only used 2 drops to make a cup of lemonade for my daughter but she said it tasted very bad. I tried it for my coffee (also 2 drops which is sweet enough) but I could still taste the unpleasant aftertaste. Maybe it takes time to get used to the taste but it's definitely not a pleasant sugar alternative.

good for calorie counting

Posted by Reviewer2725292 on Feb 02, 2015

Left an unpleasant aftertaste

I want to like it

Posted by 5755761033455619268 on Apr 29, 2014

I have to start out by saying that this is a well produced product. The bottle is great and the quality of the stevia is lovely. No added ingredients or preservatives which is also great. The taste however... isn't as great. I can make it work in stronger flavored chocolate recipes for example, but as a sugar substitute in coffee or other daily uses I'd rather go without. Some may prefer the flavor of stevia, but unfortunately not me. :(

Dissolves great in my iced tea

Posted by 5713049330403643153 on Apr 18, 2014

I am new to low carb/diabetic friendly sweeteners. I was expecting the Sweet Drops to be sweetener than they were, so I was disappointed. In all fairness, I am used to Splenda and Equal which are much sweeter than sugar. So I went into this with unfair expectations. I think the only way to compare is to be someone who is used to using sugar instead of artificial sweeteners, as I was.

It's ok

Posted by 5669353558462665963 on Dec 21, 2013

I expected more after reading all the reviews on this site. I never expected it to be just like sugar, but it does have an after taste (not bitter, but just like artificial sweetners) and it isn't sweet enough for tea and hot cocoa. When in comes to oatmeal its ok. It's really good for baking, which is why I'm not so dissapointed after all, it is just as I wanted it to be sweet, it doesn't have an aftertaste in baking.

I gave this one away....

Posted by madamVi on Dec 03, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this. I just started to get a lot of pimples on my chin because of this Stevia...

stevia

Posted by Reviewer2026784 on Sep 05, 2011

Not quite as sweet as I would like it so I have to use quite a bit of it per cup of liquid. Also, overpriced as I could get it just as cheap or cheaper at local stores. Thank you.

sweet but

Posted by Reviewer2503595 on Feb 02, 2011

has a strange aftertaste, guess i need to adjust my palate for stevia

Aftertaste

Posted by Reviewer1605439 on Dec 08, 2009

Leaves a weird after taste in my mouth..maybe I am just used to sugar..

Great sugar substitute

Posted by Reviewer2894075 on Aug 18, 2009

The bottle with the stopper is excellent to measure how many drops you want according to your taste. I ordered powder before, and this is more convenient. However, I feel that the powder has a sweeter taste than liquid. Both has no after taste, and are great sugar substitutes.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »