Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Xlear Inc (Xclear), Spry, Power Peppermints, Sugar Free, 240 Count, 144 g

How I saved my teeth!

Posted by alloriginal on May 20, 2013

After neglecting my teeth for over a decade, I finally was forced to a dentists office by a raging infection. The dentist poked and prodded, took xrays and asked how soon I intented to have dentures. With serious gum disease and several cavities, I was right at the tipping point where a future of applesauce and Polident seemed inevitable. I submitted to my first thorough teeth cleaning in decades, and resolved to finally get serious about my teeth and gums. I studied the matter at great length, and came up with a regimen that seems to have worked for me: Each morning I brush with a peroxide-containing toothpaste (Mentadent). I follow this by flossing with dental floss treated with tea tree (Desert Essence, Tea Tree Oil Dental Floss, Waxed, 50 Yds [45.7 m]). I follow this with a mouth rinse using one ounce of hot water, into which I've mixed a teaspoon of colloidal silver (FutureBiotics, Advanced Colloidal Silver, 4 fl oz [118 ml]). I swish the mixture around my mouth for 30 seconds or so, trying to reach between and behind all my teeth. At this point, I've killed as many bad germs as I can. I follow this with one tablespoon of liquid acidophilus (American Health, Probiotic Acidophilus, Plain Flavor, 16 fl oz [472 ml])mixed in one ounce of tepid water. I swish that around for 30 seconds or so, and spit the mixture out. During the day I'll have a couple of xylitol mints (Xlear Inc [Xclear], Spry, Berryblast Mints, Sugar Free, 240 Count, 144 g), which also kills the germs that cause cavities. It leaves my mouth feeling clean. In the evening I repeat the brushing and flossing, but follow it with a different regimen, designed to reduce inflammation and remineralize the teeth: in 2 ounces of warm water I mix a half-teaspoon of colloidal minerals (Trace Minerals Research, ConcenTrace, Trace Mineral Drops, 8 fl oz [237 ml]), a quarter teaspoon of ascorbate (Source Naturals, Ultimate Ascorbate C Powder, 16 oz [453.6 g])and a quarter teaspoon of MSM (Doctor's Best, Best MSM Powder, 250 g). I swish it around for 60 seconds or so, making sure it reaches every corner of my mouth. I believe that this saved my teeth. My dentist noticed that several cavities that he was expecting to fill were no longer there. Moreover, the gum disease that had threatened to have me in dentures was mysteriously cured. I now believe that I'll have my original teeth into my eighties, at least. Thank goodness for Iherb! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Raw materials from China

Posted by Reviewer2541070 on Dec 15, 2012

I did not notice that the raw materials from China and packaged in USA, until I read a review from a buyer who mentioned this issue. No way, I will reorder it again. If I had read the label carefully, I would not have bought this item. And I will read entire label when I buy any item next time.

Great Product!

Posted by Reviewer1330833 on May 18, 2007

I ordered these after reading about the benefits of xylitol in a college course I'm currently taking. I use these now as a breath freshener, instead of the red-and-white peppermint candy I was using. These xylitol mints are small, so I usually use two at a time, but they taste good, are sweet enough to satisfy my husband's sweet tooth, and are very refreshing. Plus, being a dental chicken, I feel better knowing that xylitol mints don't add sugar into my mouth. Overall -- tasty and refreshing and good for me -- it's a great combination!

best mints

Posted by Reviewer2775346 on Nov 25, 2007

Not only do these reduce plaque, they also settle my stomach and reduce my cravings for sweets.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2650081 on Jan 26, 2007

These Spry mints are sugar-free, delicious, and actually help prevent cavities! Xylitol toothpaste is great too--my teeth never felt so clean.