***** Made in China. Switch to Made in USA Xylitol = XYLA!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

I was about to order Xlear's bag of Xylitol when I decided to check out where it comes from. Like many people, I try hard to avoid any food products or ingredients from China. So I called Xlear customer service rep at (877) 599-5327. She immediately and firmly said that all Xlear Xylitol comes from China. She added, "Most of the Xylitol you're going to find WILL be from China." As much as I love Xylitol, I'm determined not to buy any from China. I'm willing to pay more to avoid consuming any food or supplements from China. . . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits.

pee problem

Posted by Reviewer2554399 on Jul 14, 2011

Started using this product and loved it. I think I used about two or three teaspoons in large glass of water per day. After about one week, I noticed a need to pee but HARD to pee problem. I'm male, in EXCELLENT health, but started thinking possible pancreatic swelling whatever. Started doing research and quickly noticed that I was ALREADY taking many support supplements for the pancreas. SO, quickly deduced that possible xylitol complication as it was the only new product change in diet. Stopped using xylitol. And urination problem CLEARED UP within two days! Figured I must report this as someone else is gonna have the same little scare.

Sub standard

Posted by MikeMember on Sep 28, 2007

I've tried several brands and this is by far the worst at iherb. It is a bit cheaper than others, but that is because it is damp! So you're just paying for added moisture. No savings there. Also, the zipper on the bag doesn't work! Basically Xylitol is Xylitol, so I will not buy this brand again. I prefer one which is free-flowing not soggy.

Didn't know this had been sourced from China

Posted by feistyveganconsumer on Dec 23, 2013

I won't be buying this brand again. Even though it is bagged up in the USA it mentions something on the back of the bag about being sourced from China and the USA. Anything that comes from China is not worth trusting. They say that they check every batch for quality but my quality standards say China's standards are way, way below mine.

Unbelievable -- no after taste at all

Posted by Reviewer1510225 on Sep 16, 2008

This is just as good (probably better) than Splenda because it is actually good for you. And sweetens just like sugar with absolutely no aftertaste or bitter taste or anything.

love it!

Posted by Reviewer2697166 on Sep 19, 2008

I love this stuff. It is good for keeping your blood sugar balanced and it is good for your teeth. I cook and bake with it just the way I would with regular sugar. I put it in my coffee. Stevia is very healthy also, but so strong and sickeningly sweet. This stuff is very similar to regular sugar.

My favorite sugar substitute

Posted by Reviewer2611769 on Aug 03, 2008

My husband is diabetic, and I am so grateful for this product. It is also a sugar substitute that is actually good for you! Great for baking too!

Good price..

Posted by Reviewer3060619 on Jun 15, 2010

We use Xylitol for my daughter's teeth. She had trauma to two teeth and developed some cavities very early. We add a little of this to her water and feel good that it keeps down the s. mutans numbers so we can keep her cavities from getting bigger. Paired with a remineralizing toothpaste, we have arrested the cavities and even reminieralized some areas.

Better Than Sugar

Posted by Reviewer2273412 on Apr 21, 2011

I enjoy using this Xylitol. It has no after-taste like Stevia does. It's also good to know that it does not raise my blood sugar. I'm still learning how to use it in my recipes. It's really not that sweet.

lorie

Posted by Reviewer1002441 on Nov 11, 2008

Use this for baking, in coffee, use the toothpaste & gum. Not overly sweet and kills bacteria, if your dealing with candida & need to watch your sweets this is great.