Best sweetening choice

Posted by Reviewer2785620 on Oct 04, 2008

Helps prevent tooth decay. Not artificial. Seems to help retain bone density. May help with digestion buy controlling bacterial growth. Doesn't spike blood sugar. I find it to be sweeter than regular sugar, so I use about half as much. Only draw back is that it doesn't activate yeast in baking, but fine for all other baking. A bit pricy, but a 5 lb bag goes a pretty long way.

Xlear Xylitol Sweetener

Posted by Reviewer3158357 on Nov 17, 2008

Granules are rather large. Works best to dissolve it in a hot liquid before adding it to the recipe, so not great for cookies. Still, a quality product.

Great Price

Posted by Reviewer2695633 on Aug 20, 2010

Best deal on this!

good stuff

Posted by lorischuster on Sep 24, 2008

Xylitol is great to replace sugar in baked goods-use it in equal measure. As xylitol is expensive, I limit my use. I recommend liquid stevia for use in beverages as it is much more economical. Also, start slowly with xylitol or you may end up with bloating and gas issues.

I love the product, hate the package.

Posted by Reviewer3126051 on Feb 15, 2011

Difficult to pour. The clumping isn't the issue, just squish before pouring. The package is unruly and has that ziplock weirdness that makes clumpy powders hard to pour.

XyloSweet is ok

Posted by Reviewer2570884 on Jan 01, 2012

No as sweet as regular sugar. Dissolves well, no after taste.

great Sweetener

Posted by Reviewer3226937 on Aug 12, 2010

I am a diabetic and by using xylitol I can drink a cup of tea as though it has real sugar in . I have tried various sweeteners but they all leave a taste in my mouth.This tastes like sugar without my blood sugar going up.

Sugar alternative

Posted by Reviewer2590405 on Jan 31, 2012

Great product, been using it for almost 2 years now. I don't give it 5 stars because it's pricey. iherb's service is downright awesome, item shipped same day as ordered and we got 3 days later from Cal.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer1424247 on Feb 07, 2012

I use this in just about everything in place of sugar and my cooked and baked goods come out perfectly. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it doesn't melt when making chocolate, so the chocolate has a gritty texture and if you use a 1:1 ratio to sugar in some cooked goods (like custard), it makes your throat burn.

Sugar sub

Posted by 4643961683581849374 on May 11, 2012

Use more than regular sugar as it's not as sweet. However, the low carbs make up for it.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »