July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Yogourmet, Freeze-Dried, Kefir Starter, 1 oz

Reviews 1-star

kefir

Posted by Reviewer2672348 on Apr 28, 2012

This product has not worked for me. I have tried using goats milk heated gently to 82degrees, as per instructions on packet. After 24 hours in a warm cupboard, it remained as runny as the milk. I tried without heating - a minuscule amount of slight thickening appeared round the edge. I may as well just drink the milk. I won't be wasting my money on this Kefir again. I can't understand how people can eat it with a spoon. Maybe it just doesn't work with goats milk.

not as tasty as other brand

Posted by Reviewer2277054 on Jun 16, 2011

I followed the instructions carefully, but because I'm using raw goat milk, I did not want to heat the milk over 100 degrees. It didn't get thick the way I like it, and the taste was not nearly as good as the freeze-dried starter from body ecology. I will try it again only because I have a few more packets. Maybe it will work better with cow's milk.

Not used yet