Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2117776 on Jul 29, 2012

Am very glad I bought this as the Kefir culture I managed to produce has from Yogourmet really helped me overcome some very stubborn gastrointestinal issues. The instructions are rather unhelpful. Do not boil the milk - plain milk straight from the fridge is fine. Another thing not mentioned or pointed out on the label instructions is that the first batch is not likely to turn out well and one won't get the desired Kefir grains. I had to do a second batch derived from part of the first batch to get the grains to grow properly. But the third batch turned out perfect.

Kefir starter

Posted by Reviewer2936570 on Sep 01, 2010

I found that if you leave it outside for more than 24 hours the kefir is more sauer and I like it better. I normaly leave the mixture for 30-36 hours

Kefir Starter

Posted by Reviewer3341139 on Jun 17, 2013

When I'm too lazy to activate my kefir curds, I use this product: I don't heat my raw milk at all. Use the milk (preferably raw) at room temperature and it forms the kefir overnight. That way you still get the benefits of raw milk as well as the fermentation of kefir.

Handy kefir product, but no success with cultivating kefir grains

Posted by 5569504375873810929 on Mar 30, 2015

Very handy to carry around and make kefir everywhere! Except I haven't had success in growing kefir grains, maybe it needs more time & effort...

Yogourmet

Posted by Reviewer1161586 on Sep 08, 2011

The product worked great and was a good price. It also arrived in just a few days. I will proba bly order again.

Tastes great, ferments well.

Posted by 5381356734354033389 on Apr 23, 2015

I have never tried the grain kind but i think this kefir starter does the job quite well. Would like to try waterkefir but this one is the only kefir product i can find here. Would be great if they import more choices.

I am sure it is good.

Posted by Reviewer1350062 on Sep 30, 2010

I have used YoGourmet products for years and I trust them. I haven't used this packet yet, but I will come back and comment again after I do.

kefis starter

Posted by Reviewer2930127 on May 17, 2011

you get what you by

good

Posted by 4959257295824922690 on Nov 11, 2013

good

it works

Posted by 5436635851791759563 on Dec 11, 2013

made yogurt out of soy milk couple of times, turn out quite nice, although it is a bit thinner than i like it to be, even though i have waited longer than supposed to.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »