Yogourmet, Freeze-Dried, Kefir Starter, 1 oz

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2117776 From Malaysia on Jul 29, 2012

Am very glad I bought this as the Kefir culture I managed to produce has from Yogourmet really helped me overcome some very stubborn gastrointestinal issues. The instructions are rather unhelpful. Do not boil the milk - plain milk straight from the fridge is fine. Another thing not mentioned or pointed out on the label instructions is that the first batch is not likely to turn out well and one won't get the desired Kefir grains. I had to do a second batch derived from part of the first batch to get the grains to grow properly. But the third batch turned out perfect.

Kefir starter

Posted by Reviewer2936570 From Canada on Sep 01, 2010

I found that if you leave it outside for more than 24 hours the kefir is more sauer and I like it better. I normaly leave the mixture for 30-36 hours

Yogourmet

Posted by Reviewer1161586 on Sep 08, 2011

The product worked great and was a good price. It also arrived in just a few days. I will proba bly order again.

Kefir Starter

Posted by Reviewer3341139 From Nicaragua on Jun 17, 2013

When I'm too lazy to activate my kefir curds, I use this product: I don't heat my raw milk at all. Use the milk (preferably raw) at room temperature and it forms the kefir overnight. That way you still get the benefits of raw milk as well as the fermentation of kefir.

good

Posted by 4959257295824922690 on Nov 11, 2013

good