bad product

Posted by paisleyjade on Sep 03, 2011

I was excited about getting this product so as soon as I got it, my children and I decided to take a walk in the woods. My son was sitting and I squirted 1 squirt on his leg and the product splashed off his leg and straight into his eye. This does not spray like an aerosol. It`s like a liquid lotion that should be poured not squirted because it splats everywhere when squirted. The next time I tried to use the product, I squirted it in my own hand away from my daughter. I generously rubbed the product all over my daughter and myself. My daughter complained of the smell but I thought if it works then we can live with the smell, but after walking in the woods we both came home with mosquito bites. The product did not work for either of us. I won`t buy it again.

NOT a bad product. The only DEET-free product that's worked for us

Posted by Reviewer2520432 on Jun 02, 2014

When I saw the "Most Helpful" review was calling this a bad product, I felt a strong counterpoint was in order. After my first child was born, I experimented with just about every DEET-free insect repellent I could get my hands on. Most did not seem to work at all; some seemed to work to a limited degree. This All-Terrain Herbal Armor formula is the ONLY DEET-free repellent which has worked effectively. We still use it year-round in a near-tropical climate, and it seems to protect against mosquitoes, sand flies, and other pests equally well. I cannot recommend this product highly enough.

Wonderful and effective.

Posted by Reviewer1487068 on Jul 21, 2009

I have a 5-1/2 yr old boy and 20 month old girl and always fear summer because of mosquitos and the West Nile virus. This natural oils, DEET-free product keeps the bugs away from my kids and has a pleasant scent. Great feeling that you can keep bugs away without lathering your kids in chemicals. I have recommended this product to all my friends because it is also very effective on adults.

The best herbal insect repellant I have tried

Posted by Reviewer2286916 on Jul 26, 2009

Living in the chigger and tick infested woods of NC and being a bug magnet is a recipe for many sleepless nights and worry about tick- borne illnesses. Herbal Armor offers great protection - I apply it every 2 hours as recommended and reapply it if I go out later in the day. When I placed my order, the adult version was out-of-stock, the kids version has worked well - from the list of ingredients they are the same product with different packaging. I tried Now's Bug Ban but couldn't stand the smell - Herbal Armor smells quite pleasant - but smell is very individual, some reviewers like the way Bug Ban smells while others don't.

Great but spray could be better

Posted by shoppingmama on Mar 08, 2014

this stuff really works. Only downside it was more of a squirt, than a spray. So it's very hard to apply evenly without using hands to spread. I find this very inconvenient. And it makes spraying on kids' clothes harder since it doesn't come out as a mist. >>>>>>>>>>> Click on my page link above to read about my favourite iherb purchases for my family. I test a lot of products to know what works best and write each review only after trying! >>>>>>>>>> Please click YES if you find my review helpful. Thanks a lot!<<<<<<<<<<

Strong Smell. TG it's natural!

Posted by Reviewer2232318 on Sep 28, 2009

I bought this for my 3yr old who is always attracting mosquitos. It seems to work, but the smell is very strong, like I just sprayed her with Pledge wood cleaner. If it wasn't natural I might not use it because of the smell, but it does seem to work by keeping the bugs away. She doesn't seem to mind the smell and it does go away a little bit in about an hour.

Very nice!

Posted by Reviewer1480381 on May 15, 2011

Mosquitoes do not actually sit on the treated areas of the body. Recommend.

Insect Repellent

Posted by Reviewer3152111 on Nov 14, 2011

This is a must to prevent mozzies from the little ones. I like it that it is also gentle on the skin.

Faulty Pump

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jul 03, 2012

I like the smell and the cooling effect on the skin but am disappointed by the pump. I cannot pin point any possible damage caused by shipping but it cannot dispense in a spray from day one. The liquid content just leak from all angles. It is also not very effective against mosquitoes. I still get bitten within 2 hours of application! Now I am using it for bathroom aromatherapy instead.

Posted by Reviewer2589897 on Jul 30, 2012

This does not spray like an aerosol.The product did not work for either of us.