• Please note this item has been replaced by ATS-00258.

• Reviews | English

One of the best organic coconut butters on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Apr 12, 2014

Not only does this coconut butter tastes great, but it's packed with health benefits. What makes it different from coconut oil is that it's also a great source of fiber: one tablespoon contains three grams of fiber. Rich in medium chain triglycerides, coconut butter is different from other saturated fats: much of its saturated fat comes from lauric acid, which improves HDL ("good cholesterol") to HDL ("bad cholesterol") ratio and creates a more favorable blood cholesterol profile by increasing high-density lipoprotein ("good cholesterol") levels. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, which is otherwise found only in breast milk, has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and is useful in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases. This ancient butter also aids digestion and the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helps control blood sugar levels and keep them stable by improving insulin secretion, improves thyroid function, stimulates metabolism, triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone slowing down food movement through the digestive tract and keeping you full longer, thus contributing to weight loss, boosts immunity and energy levels. Coconut butter can also be used externally and does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, bug bites, warts, fungal infections, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen and is a great all-natural make-up remover. I've been using this coconut butter both internally and externally and the results speak for themselves: I feel better, more energetic and resilient, my acid reflux and heartburn are gone, my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some acne scars and stretch marks have faded, my skin is softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. Definitely one of my favorite products.

quick snack for adults and kids!

Posted by Reviewer1123845 on Feb 26, 2011

I scoop a few spoonfuls as a quick snack for my toddler. Great quick snack for kids and adults. it has a natural sweetness compared to coconut oil. Not easy to spread as texture is even harder and crumbly than coconut oil. That's why I just eat it with a spoon. Love this product.

awesome

Posted by Reviewer2503595 on Feb 02, 2011

SO good, easy to get my daily coconut in with this stuff, doesn't leave a permanent oil slick down my throat like regular coconut oil does. This is delicious

Bad product

Posted by Reviewer3014897 on Oct 29, 2012

I have bought this from iherb 3 times and whole foods twice and all 5 times I've gotten a product with mold on the top. I end up buying the single packets instead.

Tastes like heaven!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

This tastes divinely! It has a very different taste from coconut oil. It has a distinct sweetness and is highly addictive! Good thing it is full with beneficial fatty acids. I use it in baking, but mainly I just eat it by the spoon! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Yum

Posted by Reviewer1523817 on Apr 04, 2011

Really healthy good stuff. I heat it slowly, add some soliga honey and then some manitoba hemp protein powder. Makes a great power snack.

Pure coconut deliciousness!

Posted by iHerbalicious on Nov 29, 2012

This really is a treat for all of us coconut lovers. It smells divine, is naturally sweet and full of flavour. When refrigerated it turns solid and when used as spread it has to be brought above room temperature otherwise it will crumble (to around 85°F/30°C as stated on the jar) – simply set the jar in pan of warm water (keep temperature below 110 °F/43°C ) and mix it well afterwards. It can be used in many ways but because I somehow can’t really trust myself around it (when left out in the open:)) I usually rather keep it refrigerated; when I desire a quick snack or a sweet treat I just scrape off a spoonful and let it melt in my mouth or mix it in hot cocoa sweetened with stevia.

addictive!

Posted by Reviewer1782385 on Jan 19, 2011

At first I didn't think I'd like this but it grows on you. It kinda has the consistancy of peanut butter and isn't really all that sweet to me but the coconut aftertast is so good that I want more. Good think it's so good for you. :P

Artisana makes the best coconut butter

Posted by Reviewer2961203 on Mar 09, 2011

This product is so flavorful, needing no sweetner. The consistency is very rich. I like the flesh, not just the oil of coconut.

Perfect Coconut Butter

Posted by RubiesHealth on Aug 06, 2013

I have tried many brands of coconut fat available at iHerb. This one's taste and aroma is perfect. Glass bottle; no worries of BPA. This preparation includes coconut flesh - contains 2g of protein and 2g of sugar in one serving. It has great texture and is ideal as a spread or a replacement for dairy cream in home-made ice-cream! Add a tablespoon of this with a pinch of salt (for 1 cup of rice) to make aromatic coconut rice, known as nasi-lemak in Asia! Artisana has another preparation - 100% coconut oil Extra Virgin that is slightly more expensive than this and is ideal for anti-parasite and weight-loss program.