July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Aura Cacia, Organic, Rosehip Oil, Restoring, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

Ancient Mayans' best kept beauty secret. The best unrefined rosehip seed oil on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Mar 30, 2014

I've tried several rosehip seed oils of different brands, but this one simply stands out: it's orange, comes from Chile and has a distinct rose hip aroma, which proves that it's cold pressed, unrefined, organic, hasn't been altered by heat and stripped of its naturally occurring nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids. Rich in beta-carotene, retinoic acid, lycopene, vitamin C, linoleic and linolenic fatty acids, this ancient oil known for centuries and used by the Mayans, Egyptians and Romans is one of the most powerful healing and rejuvenating products known to man. It works on a cellular level and its properties are amazing: absorbing quickly without leaving a greasy residue or clogging pores, this light and non-greasy oil deeply moisturizes, nourishes, softens, soothes, revitalizes, regenerates, heals, rejuvenates, encourages cell renewal and protects dry, sensitive, damaged and mature skin, reducing redness and inflammation, calming itching, improving its elasticity and complexion, evening out the skin tone, making the skin soft, smooth, and supple, preventing dryness and dehydration and protecting against premature aging. It's also an effective and natural treatment for acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, dry, flaky and itchy scalp, as well as many other skin and hair conditions, and known for preventing and reducing scars and stretch marks, relieving pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, healing small wounds, cuts, burns, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, restoring luster to dull and lifeless hair, strengthening weak and brittle nails. Since I started this organic rosehip seed oil two times a day, my complexion has improved, my acne has cleared up, redness and inflammation is gone, a lot of acne scars and pigmentation spots have faded, some fine lines and stretch marks have smoothed out, my skin is no longer dry, flaky and painful to the touch – it's softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. So glad I discovered such an amazing product.

Fades pigmentation

Posted by Reviewer3053733 on Oct 21, 2012

I am 50+ with lots of pigmentation on my face as a result of growing up in Southern California with no sunscreen. This oil faded the pigmentation within a few weeks. The marks aren't completely effaced, but they're MUCH lighter. However, I don't find it sufficiently moisturizing. It absorbs quickly, then leaves my skin somewhat dehydrated. I need to apply moisturizer after the oil is absorbed.

Broke me out

Posted by Reviewer3225970 on Jun 06, 2012

Unfortunately, rose hip oil broke me out..I should have listened to the advice of a friend who cautioned me that it might be suitable for more mature skin type, & those not prone to acne. I'm in my early 30s. Actually, I'm not quite sure if my break out was due to 'skin purging'..I'm too scared to find out..the pimples were pretty huge, angry & in annoying spots! I stopped after a week of using this on my face. I still think this might probably be of benefit to older skins though, as besides the pimples it does make skin feel silky, supple and glowy. In fact, I think it's just pure rose hip that's overly rich if one is acne-prone, cuz I have 2 other products that have rose hip oil listed in its ingredients and they don't cause me problems. Now I mix a few drops into small batches of my body lotion so as not to waste it.

my favorite facial oil

Posted by captainnaomi on Mar 11, 2012

I've used many different facial oils, this is my favorite so far! It's not too heavy on my face, I kind of enjoy the smell of toasted sesame smell when I apply (although the smell goes away very quickly), and it made my skin very soft immediately! I have sensitive and dry skin, it did not break me out at all. I have some scars and hyper pigmentation from previous breakouts, I'm hoping this oil would help get rid of them after continuos usages.

I got a pimple or 2.

Posted by Reviewer1142540 on Dec 12, 2012

I was using this on my facial skin, and after a couple uses, I got a pimple or 2. I also tried the Now brand and it did the same thing. Aura Cacia has color to it, while the Now brand was almost clear I think. God bless you all.