Nice, but I prefer Alba TerraTints in Blaze

Posted by Reviewer2077277 on Aug 13, 2010

I wrote a review for the Red Tourmaline shade as well, which is a pale pink that makes my naturally pigmented lips look sickly. This shade is more red, and looks very natural on my lips. It stays put and doesn't bleed into fine lines or collect in the corners of my mouth like conventional lipsticks tend to do. It also wears away very evenly and looks natural the whole time while it's on your lips. The texture is delightfully creamy and silky, and there's no detectable flavor or scent. This lipbalm has two ends: one color, one shimmer. You're supposed to be able to wear them either alone or together. I do not recommend wearing the shimmer end by itself unless you're into the 1960's frosty white "mod" lips look. I prefer the Alba TerraTints Blaze shade to this one because Blaze suits my cool toned skintone better. While this one is more of a soft true red, Blaze is a berry red. On the downside, TerraTints contain SPF, which I don't care for in a lip product. They're also mint flavored, which is nice, but I prefer the unflavored Badger ones. I don't know if I'll buy this again or stick to my usual TerraTints. I need to test drive this shade some more before I decide.

Good, Non-Toxic Lip Tint

Posted by Mincruiser on Sep 07, 2013

I was surprised at some of the negative reviews of this product. It is a healthy, non-toxic lip tint and in my opinion does just what it is supposed to do: it provides a wash of moist, natural looking tint to your lips. Those that are looking for a heavier, longer lasting "color" can turn to Estee Lauder or Lancome and not to a natural non-toxic product such as this one. I am very satisfied with the product and would definitely purchase it again, both this shade and the Garnet shade. On my lips the Red Jasper shade looks like an enhanced version of my natural lip color, and the Garnet shade is a bit more pronounced, so I use that one when going out in the evenings.

Nice shade

Posted by kappture on May 03, 2016

Not particularly good for chapped lips, but lovely shade

Badger Lip Tint

Posted by Reviewer1431084 on Feb 02, 2011

Nice color, good product but need to re-apply often

Nice colour

Posted by HeidiT on Mar 25, 2011

I like this a lot and I will probably continue to buy it, but I wish they'd make an all-in-one product instead.

ok

Posted by Reviewer1187316 on Jun 27, 2011

very good quality, makes lips very smooth, but the red side is very dark for me, closer to brown colour

nice color

Posted by Reviewer2144615 on Oct 22, 2011

color is nice, very natural and goes-with -anything

Posted by Reviewer2609216 on Nov 21, 2011

Gives lips a little color but not for long!

Smells funny

Posted by Meytar on Nov 26, 2012

Th shade is nice but quite faint (I have pale skin) so if you want it to notice there is a need for re-applying several times. The only bad thing I have to say is the smell of the product, it's not like the product is damaged but the smell is certainly not what we are used for. At first I didn't like it at all and didn't want to use the product again but later I got used to the smell and I sometime wear it.

A very nice lip product

Posted by ELLEBEAUTY on Jun 19, 2013

It moisturizes the lips very well and holds a reasonable time for such a product, only downside is the smell-bad