Potato starch and blood sugar

Posted by Reviewer1686088 on Aug 11, 2014

I have been testing this "resistant starch" product for the past 2.5 weeks to help blood sugar and insulin resistance. So far, it seems to be helping with blood sugar control, and I expect more progress over time. If you run a similar experiment, be sure and use PS with COLD water so it is not digested as a regular carb. I also ordered inulin(prebiotic) to take with the potato starch, as they seem to work together in the body.

Leaky bag

Posted by 4678624565538596670 on Feb 01, 2014

Good product and ground extremely fine and absolutely clean. I used it as part of an all purpose gluten free flour. The bag was not properly sealed at the factory so I gave it only five stars. I ordered this same product from another distributor of Bobs Mill and it had the same leaky bag. The bags apparently are not air tight so I empty them into a mason jar and suck out all the air, otherwise it makes quite a mess in the cupboard.

Old Standby

Posted by 4678646061897502821 on Jun 30, 2014

Potato starch is good in many recipes for the gluten free. I personally don't find potato pulp all that healthy, kinda like how I feel about white flour, but it works well - I particularly think it works well in my old 'white flour' recipes ( which I've mainly tried to leave behind). Try this with a cornstarch combo (and xanthan gum) to recreate things like cupcakes and biscuits.

not sure

Posted by 5154170390377322146 on Sep 11, 2014

use this as resistant starch..but too early to say if any improvement..

Buen precio

Posted by 5361017007690509262 on Nov 29, 2014

Buen producto y sobre todo buen precio.

best

Posted by 5292752538474787660 on Jan 07, 2016

For the purpose

Good service

Posted by 5587849891721361109 on Apr 08, 2016

The correct product I wanted was readily available and arrived in the time estimated in good condition.

Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch

Posted by 5583720772242236304 on May 15, 2016

Arrived in good condition and a great substitute for corn starch.

Great product to help reduce blood sugar and lose weight

Posted by 4751762846168154397 on May 25, 2016

This makes it extremely easy to add resistant starch to my diet with all the benefits said to follow this use. I can start off with just a quarter teaspoon in my mashed potatoes and add more as my body gets used to it. Helps enormously with weight loss and reducing blood sugar. Feeds the good bacteria in the lower intestine. Good clean product.

Gluten Free Baking

Posted by Reviewer2528501 on Oct 01, 2008

This is an inexpensive way to expand the Gluten-free pantry...

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »