using poorly absorbed magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1613928 on Apr 20, 2016

I have fibromyalgia and was taking this to help with my muscles. This was working fairly well in keeping my muscle cramps at bay, but they must've changed the formula yet again. The blend is glycinate & oxide but who knows the ratio of the two could've changed to them using more oxide to cut costs. It could be more like a 50/50 ratio. That's what it feels like because both me & my husband are suffering from an increased amount of muscle cramps. Oxides are so poorly absorbed that out of a 500mg dose you're lucky if you're absorbing 12mg. Don't waste you're money on this. Looks like I'm going to have to switch to the Dr. Best brand. There's is all glycinate.

Posted by Anaterma on Jan 12, 2016

good one but way too expensive

Update: formula changed

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on May 09, 2015

I wanted to order this again, but now the the bottle contains magnesium oxide! My almost empty bottle only states magnesium glycinate. Was the old description wrong or did they change the formula? Our doctor ordered us to take Magnesium ONLY in the chelated form - not the oxide form. She said magnesium glyconate is a good absorbable and most important, a cheap form. For some people it might react with their antidepressants to lower their mood, but in others it might even make them less depressed. Seems to be a very subjective thing.

Magnesium oxide

Posted by FlyingDutchman on Mar 11, 2015

This used to be a good product with magnesium glycinate as the only active ingredient. Unfortunately it has now been ruined by polluting it with the inferior (and cheaper) magnesium oxide.

good product for a reasonable price

Posted by Reviewer2091270 on Feb 13, 2015

Well absorbed and does the work. Just a bit too much of excipients.

Buyers beware!

Posted by 4943797960547833871 on Jan 25, 2015

They've changed the formula! It now includes Magnesium Oxide, a useless form of magnesium that isn't absorbed by the body. When I ordered this product, it was still the old (fully chelated) formula that was listed here on iHerb. But when the product arrived in Sweden, I had gotten the new formula – that I will not use (I'm very careful about what I put in my body). This was my first bad experience with iHerb and with Carlson Labs. Normally iHerb is a superb company, but I'll certainly be complaining about this: not receiving the product I payed for. I'll return to Doctor's Best Chelated Magnesium for a superior magnesium product. I should never have tried switching.

good product

Posted by 4738758881322539454 on Nov 03, 2014

good product, 200mg of chelated magnesium per tablet

good, but...

Posted by Hungarian on Sep 11, 2014

a bit expensive, it's worth more: Nature's Life, Magnesium Malate, 1,300 mg, 100 Tablets

Happy

Posted by 5154332082479172320 on Jun 24, 2014

As I am only a short way through the bottle, I will probably give them 5* next time, Thanks

Good stuff

Posted by acollins on Jun 10, 2014

Magnesium glycinate is superior and Carlson labs is a quality manufacturer. Iherb has a great price for this supplement. I've tried a lot of different magnesium glycinate supps in capsules and tablets and this one is as old as any at the best value for quality and quantity on iherb.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »