• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh as we buy this product directly from Carlson every month. Also, because this product comes in glass bottles, we take the extra caution and measures to pack this product.
  • Reviews | English

The best tasting Cod Liver oil

Posted by Reviewer1401937 on Mar 25, 2007

I started taking Cod Liver Oil in 1980. This is the best tasting product I have ever tried. It makes taking cod liver oil so much easier. It has very little Fishey taste and a nice lemon flavor. If you have trouble with the taste, this is the one for you.

Doctor Recommended

Posted by Reviewer3020790 on Aug 16, 2008

My optometrist suggested I take this specific cod liver oil to help combat chronic dry eye (along with flaxseed oil). He said he recommended Carlson brand for its purity and the lemon flavor. While it's not something I look FORWARD to taking, it is pleasant tasting and doesn't have an aftertaste. Plus, I have seen an improvement in my dry eye condition since starting the oils. Compared to local health food stores, iHerb's price is good, too.

Not ok for me

Posted by Reviewer3327222 on Aug 10, 2012

I have problem with this product. I have doubt on the purity of this product. This is because I am sensitive to mercury and heavy metal element. It causes my eye twitching problem even worst. This is because it agitates my nerve system that control this part of face. Mercury and heavy metal weaken our nerve system.

Kathleen McMahon

Posted by Reviewer1598988 on Mar 04, 2008

My husband takes this every morning to lower his cholesterol. He swears this really works.

Makes a big difference.

Posted by PinkOveralls on Mar 22, 2011

I now take a teaspoon morning and night. I think my mental clarity and physical energy have improved. The biggest difference came in the effect the cod liver oil had on internal inflammation. I suffered from intermittent but chronic chest pains for over 10 years. Homeopathy helped a little, but they always returned. Acupuncture helped, but didn't cure. Doctors and heart specialists had no answers. The only thing that alleviated the discomfort was a heat pack. Within days of starting on this cod liver oil, the chest pains were gone. I wasn't sure why, but when I did some research I found that cod liver oil is helpful in reducing inflammation. I had been taking various omega oils for years, but none had the effect that Carlsons oil. The taste is even pleasant, as others have noted.

No fishy taste

Posted by CoolinArizona on Oct 10, 2009

Sometimes I like to drizzle this over my salad and it has a great lemony flavor and not fishy. I'm doing something good for myself at the same time.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1676945 on Aug 31, 2009

easy to take. doesn't taste horrible. doesn't leave yucky taste in mouth. lemon taste reminds me of Lemon Drops when we were little!

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1353440 on Feb 17, 2010

Been using this product for 3 years now to supplement for Vitamin D in the cold winter months in Chicago. Have used the regular flavor but it's a bit fishy and salty. We prefer the lemon. Even the 7 year old likes the taste and the price blows Whole Foods price away.

The one to buy

Posted by Reviewer2943012 on Feb 28, 2008

I always buy Carlson's cod liver oil, especially the lemon flavor. It is not too overpowering with the lemon, and is so much easier on the pallet. I have some every day. It seems that all the health and muscle magazines recommend taking some, and this is the best there is.

lachuchana

Posted by Reviewer3011084 on Jul 12, 2008

It's so tasty...can't believe it's really cod liver oil. And no mercury or heavy metals...don't have to worry about that. I feel really good about using it, and I love taking it!