Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Reviews 2-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Underwhelming Brand

Posted by Reviewer1105031 From Canada on Oct 23, 2009

I am very much sold on 5-HTP as a supplement for its many benefits (sleep and mood), however both my wife and I found this brand to be less effective than other brands. NOW and (especially) HEALTHY ORIGINS were noticeably more effective than this one.

Not cutting it

Posted by Reviewer2357234 From Australia on Apr 04, 2012

UPDATE TO EARLIER REVIEW: I've had to go back on antidepressant after being on 5HTP. I thought it was working but in reality it was about 30% as good as my antidepressant. I started having suicidal thoughts, crying spells, waking in the night, unable to deal socially with people, apathy etc. etc. My morning anxiety was also through the roof. I had to be honest and admit these were not the wonder pills I wanted them to be. Please do not feel bad if you are a person like me who has to be on antidepressants. I've tried every natural alternative known to man. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I tried this after reading the great reviews. I had just had shocking withdrawals from Effexor after being on it for eight years - another story... Anyhow at first this didn't work well for me and I despaired thinking I would have to go back on an AD. I did not see quick results like most people. It has taken a good month and an increase in dose to see the same effect as Effexor which is pretty remarkable. I take 2 tablets per day, one a.m. one evening and I find this dose works for me. One a day was just barely getting me by and giving me good and bad days. You may need to experiment a bit and/or wait longer than just a few days to see results. Definitely happy that it's working now though as I have never wanted to be on ADs long term and this is a great natural alternative!

Doesn't work

Posted by j44lee on Jul 10, 2013

It makes me feel almost guilty to see that there are 312 reviews averaging 4.5 stars for this 5-HTP formula. It didn't do ANYTHING for my mild depression and anxiety issues. The endorphins I get from working out 3-4 days a week works wonders for me, but certain ailments can't be helped from a bottle.

Didn't use it

Posted by Reviewer1073827 From Finland on Nov 14, 2013

Don't know why I bought this, but didn't use, because have read negative reviews of this, So don't know will it work. :(

Kuei Chen Liu, Pharm. D.