Effective NAC

Posted by Reviewer1654462 on Sep 11, 2012

Despite the instructions to take this with meals, it should actually be taken between meals with an activated B-6 tablet and 50+ mg of vitamin C in order to get the greatest benefit. If you smoke, this is an indispensable product and this brand is as effective as any of the more expensive brands I've tried. Aside from increasing your body's production of glutathione, essential for liver protection, NAC is particularly effective in clearing your lungs of damaging carcinogens or any other detrimental pollutants. In fact, if your dog is dumb enough to go after a skunk and gets sprayed, and you take it to the vet, the first thing the vet will do is give it a 1K mg shot of NAC to clear its lungs of the spray, which can be toxic due to its preventing your dog's ability to breathe with that oil covering the oxygen intake cells. So, for liver or lung protection/healing, NAC is essential and well worth the relatively minor expense, considering the benefits reaped from taking it in contrast to the damage done if you don't use it regularly. I was surprised that this brand worked as well as it does - just as well as any of the more expensive brands I've tried over the years - and its effects were immediately noticeable, so I would recommend 2 tabs/day taken separately between meals for anyone needing the benefits of NAC. (If you smoke, you will cough more because your lungs are being cleared of tar.)

alloriginaleverythingworksnoprescriptions

Posted by alloriginal on May 23, 2013

NAC is a very effective all-around antioxidant. It is particularly effective when it comes to liver and lung health. For smokers, or former smokers, or anyone suffering from bronchitis or lung disease, it will clean out your lungs amazingly well. Take on an empty stomach (I always take it with vitamin c) and one hour later you'll feel like a teenager again. As noted by another reviewer, the directions on the bottle are incorrect; NAC should always be taken on an empty stomach (with vitamin c)for maximum efficacy. This is not my favorite NAC, by the way. To me, the Life Extension brand works much better (alas, it cost more too!). Doctor's Best makes a variety of high-quality, inexpensive product. Iherb discounts them even more, and offers free same-day shipping. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

NAC

Posted by sweetheart on Jan 18, 2013

Needed for detoxification! Helps liver to remove harmful stuff from body. Best when taken with vitamin C!

Bad side effects.

Posted by 5280480162891120372 on Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure if this product was impure,but I received side effects from taking it.The morning after using this I woke up with a sore chest. When I tried it another time it made me short of breath,not a good sign either.

NAC

Posted by Jeanne1974 on Jul 20, 2014

I use this everyday to help keep my sinuses clear. It also raises glutathione levels, which helps the liver, and gives one more energy. My son is now using this between chemotherapy sessions to protect his liver and whole body from chemo drugs.

Some Help Given

Posted by 5554112682592911763 on Oct 29, 2012

I suffer from COPD it is a terrible affliction. I am middle aged and health insurance with my other ailments is astronomical so i do the best i can with supplements. This one seems to have some positive effect at the very least. I will consider a re-order of this product.

Satisfied

Posted by 4798809417343859988 on Jan 26, 2015

I've been using this product for PCOS since more than a month ,so far what its really notable is that my facial hair grows slower than before,and I mean there is a real difference as I have been trying really everything for this problem which Im fighting more than 10 years,Its first time something helps ,I have high testosterone due to IR and PCOS,after I complete 3 months using it I'd go check my testosterone levels and see if there is any difference ,Im taking the tablet 3x1 daily .

good antioxidant

Posted by Reviewer1733570 on Jul 16, 2013

healthy cheap NAC, has some subtle positive effects on my sinuses

Watch out if you have methylation issues

Posted by 5308976579892019841 on Nov 10, 2014

I have diagnosed MTHFR, bipolar and an eating disorder and was taking this to help with depression. However after finishing a bottle of this I find myself completely exhausted. On internet research it appears that this particular formulae adds heavy metals such as molybedum and selenium which is not great if one already having issues with detoxing (ie MTHFR people). Will stop taking this brand. Might try the Jarrow formulae which does not add selenium and molybedum....

Gout

Posted by 4748136241622875611 on Sep 08, 2014

My dad had no gout attacks while taking these ! Great !