Good Amount of Vitamin D3

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Mar 29, 2015

These capsules are small and very easy to swallow. 5,000 IU = 125 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D, has been the right dosage for me all year round, although I am quite small in size. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and now in March 2015 my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. If you found this review helpful, kindly indicate that by clicking on the Yes Button, thank you.

My Bottle Says Virgin Olive Oil!! Not soy

Posted by SherryB on Aug 31, 2012

I have taken this D3 because it contained olive oil not soy oil. In fact the bottle I have indicates olive oil and "contains nothing other than listed ingredients". The information listed now indicates "soy oil" on iherb, but the Dr. B website indicates olive oil. I still think this is a good product. I will write iherb to investigate the product.

Posted by Reviewer2412967 on May 30, 2010

Very tiny gel pill.

Good price

Posted by Reviewer2255839 on Aug 02, 2013

good size daily dose, good price and I am happy that it is based in olive oil rather than soy oil.

D3 deficiency

Posted by Reviewer2823339 on Mar 14, 2014

Take to boost vit D3 levels, usually take Healthy Origins brand. These seem good too, use extra olive oil in caps & no other junk in ingredients & great price.

Fine

Posted by klinacz on Aug 23, 2015

This product delivers 5000 IU per little softgel. I think it is a good product however I won't buy it again. If you need to take little pills due to their size, this will be good for you but I prefer Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 because their softgels are bigger with more fat carrier which I believe enhances the bioavailability of this fat soluble vitamin.

Easy to take

Posted by Reviewer2710671 on Mar 28, 2010

Suits my morhers (82 years) needs. Only need to take one.

Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer2420054 on Feb 21, 2010

Vitamin D is finally receiving the recognition it deserves. I need to supplement my vitamin D intake, especially during the winter. Doctor's Best comes in a small, round, easy to swallow soft gel.

product

Posted by Reviewer1439450 on Jul 01, 2010

great

vitamina d

Posted by 5280460905736388943 on Jul 02, 2014

muy bueno y muy bien de precio