Very nice cake

Posted by Lillyhammer on Oct 22, 2015

I throw apples and cinnamon in, and it's the best apple cake around

Good mix

Posted by Reviewer1985459 on Jan 02, 2014

This is a great go to mix for any simple cake you need or want to make. I have added lemon zest, extracts and dry pudding mixes to change up the cake's taste and outcome. Let you imagination explore.

Lovely taste !

Posted by Reviewer3306205 on Nov 20, 2012

Great price too. Will continue to buy

Organic!

Posted by ManxKat on Feb 20, 2012

Vanilla is much better than the chocolate and my cake tastes good, but I still like my "from scratch" mix better.

Awesome alternative for those wanting an Organic Wedding cake.

Posted by Reviewer2026474 on Aug 26, 2011

Bought this product for a wedding cake I was doing in another state. The bride wanted organic but something simple for me to use since I was not in my own kitchen. When figuring amount you need add a couple of boxes. The amount of batter yielded is about 3 1/2 cups. Your typical boxed mix will yield 4 - 5 1/2 cups. Lucky for me I had an extra box. Cake is super dense but very moist! It was a huge hit and guests were asking for 2nds and 3rds .

Cake is heavy

Posted by Reviewer1053799 on Mar 28, 2011

Not a light and fluffy cake, too heavy.

Not bad

Posted by Reviewer1358662 on Jun 24, 2010

for a cake mix, it's alright; not a substitute for made-from-scratch. Not as fluffy as I would expect, not quite there on the texture. (but that may be due to variability of the amount of time you mix it) The flavor is quite good. Would buy it again for sure, though.

Good!

Posted by Reviewer1701478 on Jun 22, 2010

Just haven't tried it yet but looks really good.

The BEST box cake mix ever!

Posted by Reviewer2647373 on Apr 26, 2010

I love all the products Dr. Oetker makes. This cake mix is one of their best. I make it as is and it tastes like I made a cake from scratch. The fact that it's organic helps me justify the fact that I'm eating cake ;-) I often add ripe bananas to it by beating the bananas on HIGH with the eggs, before adding the cake mix. That will insure that the bananas do not settle to the bottom of the cake pan while baking. Makes a great banana cake! I also use this mix as the base for coconut cake. I makes a 5 star desert when combined with cream cheese icing and coconut mixed in with the cake mix.

I didn`t like the taste

Posted by Reviewer3122792 on Mar 03, 2010

The boxed cake mixes from the store taste better.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »