Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Original Formula, 60 Capsules

Reviews 3-star

Good product

Posted by Ozbeach From Australia on Nov 25, 2012

IMO, probiotics should be part of everyone's daily regimen. Love that it is vegetable based, fermented and complete with prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes. Also, love that it is stable at room temperature (will put it in the fridge during hot summer days though). Didn't give 5 stars as it is inconvenient to take (wait 45mn before breakfast and 1h1/2 after dinner). I end up forgetting the evening one which is maybe why I haven't felt any drastic changes. Didn't have digestive issues to start with. Less colds but I eat cleanly and take vit D. Used to suffer for recurrent thrush, now gone (could be low carb diet+ stopped the pill)Thumnbs up for excellent prices, service, shipping rates at iHerb.

technically good probiotic

Posted by Reviewer2262549 From California on May 07, 2009

However, you need to be certain that you are home when you order probiotics. I found the box thrown over my fence in the hot sun and I actually have no idea whether it's really working or if the strains died or not.

Not Vegan

Posted by rabbit on Jul 25, 2012

This product contains beeswax which means that it is not vegan as claimed. UPDATE: Product info has been changed to reflect the fact that this product is vegetarian, not vegan as originally claimed.

Worked good but very expensive

Posted by Reviewer1356338 From Missouri on Dec 13, 2010

I like this product. I know it is a great formula of probiotics but I needed to take high doses and it got to be very expensive. I have IBS and that orginally steemed from a bacterial infection. I have been taking these for about 3 or 4 weeks and do not notice a huge difference. I know they are good to take so I continue to, but with me having to take 4 or 5 pills a day it is too expensive. I am trying the Jarrow brand next that is more affordable.

DID NOT WORK for me!

Posted by Reviewer1664875 From Massachusetts on Aug 13, 2011

I've spent a lot of money trying to relieve constipation through the years. Low Thyroid and too many antibiotics hurt my ability to digest properly. I thought . . . . surely with all these good reviews . . . . and since they are SOOOO expensive . . . . then they MUST work. . .but they DON'T! The only thing that helps me is to drink 1-2 ounces of Kombucha tea with every meal.