Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas Inc., Probiotics, Original Formula, 60 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

From bladder infections to colds

Posted by Reviewer1064587 on Nov 23, 2007

I have had constant bladder infections for 8 years now. Antibiotics are worthless to me. I am now immune and hate them. I just gave up hope. I stumbled across these pills looking for my Bengal cats to have some good probiotics. Well I have ordered many boxes now. I refuse to be without. I love them. I also get 2-4 colds every single year like clock work. I have yet to get a cold since I take these. The only time i take them is when I feel a hint of a sore throat or my bladder infection and it nips them both right off. I have never even taken the pills more then 2 days in a row, never needed to. My brother and my husband just had very bad colds go through our house. No problem for me. My daughter also gets bad bladder infections. No more after I give her a days worth of pills. I just love these things.

Best Probiotic

Posted by Reviewer3127990 on Jan 08, 2007

This probiotic is great. My daughter suffered from allergies a lot. Put her on these probiotics and olive leaf extract--she never has allergies and never gets sick!!

Great probiotic

Posted by Reviewer2801716 on Aug 10, 2011

I read all the reviews of this product and figured I should try since I have tried many probiotics. I took 5 on the first day (a loading dose) as one reviewer suggested which seemed to reset my stomach by reducing bloating and calming everything down. I have been taking one in the morning and one at night. I have noticed a significant decrease in bloating. I feel better and have more energy overall. Its been 2 weeks so far and I will continue taking it. This seems to be one of the best probiotics I have tried so far. I supplement with Kefir drinks which depending on the brand has 20 billion plus, live cultures in it. You can get this at any healthy markets in the dairy aisle. The also make coconut kefir and juice kefir which are dairy free. I would highly recommend trying that in addition to probiotics. I have been searching for years for products that work.

Fantastic Probiotcs

Posted by Reviewer1098400 on Sep 28, 2008

These probiotics were recommended by my doctor to help with Candida control and they've not only helped get rid of the yeast, but help keep me regular and my digestion has improved.

Ulcerative Colitis Miracle

Posted by Reviewer2656358 on Jul 14, 2009

I had been suffering with uncontrollable UC for several months - constant urgency, diarrhea, bleeding and frequency. Certain foods were just not tolerated and would send things off in a downward spiral. I was a prisoner of my bathroom. I took Dr. Ohirra's probitotics in conjunction with penicillin VK and it cleared up the UC symptoms in a few days (started with 2 in AM, 1 PM first week - now taking just 1 in AM before eating). I can now tolerate the foods, too, that were a problem. Mentioned this miracle to a friend with exact same problem with their UC. They started the probiotics, but no penicillin, and their symptoms are gone, too (not sure what role, if any the penicillin played for me, but need to note its use. BTW, I tested not-positive for parasites, etc, just the week before). For you folks with UC that has become untreatable with conventional drugs (was on Asacol at max dosage in conjunction with Mesalamine) this is a UC miracle! I tried the other, very expensive, refrigerated probiotic to no avail, Dr Ohirra's are the best.