Best digestive enzyme I have tried

Posted by Reviewer1133232 on Dec 20, 2007

This may cost a little more but is the only product that I have noticed a difference in my metabolism and digestion. I stay regular with little or no exercise, as I have MS and don't get about too easy. Great product!

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This is definitely one of the better digestive enzymes. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a medium strength digestive blend. Basically, it contains 2x times a normal digestive blend will contain. It also contains some (not all) specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest the more common food. The caps are vegetarian, not too big and easy to swallow. This product also contains multiple strains of protease, lipase, cellulase and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value range. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I take 1 for a normal meal, 2-3 when I overeat and 4-5 when I am eating a buffet. As for price, this product is quite expensive. The company Enzymedica is the best enzymes producer. The products are very trustworthy and are of high quality but it’s also much more expensive. The supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents. You can try Now Foods or Doctor’s Best brand if you want cheaper but quality enzymes products. Check out my page for more reviews!

Best Digestive Enzymes on the Market

Posted by Reviewer2061099 on Mar 24, 2007

Enzymedica Digest is truly a wonderful product. I have tried many other brands of digestive enzymes, and done lots of research. This product is the only one that works consistantly and gently on my digestive system. It is a lifesaver for my indigestion problems. It is more expensive than other brands, but Iherb has an excellent price.

The Best I've Tried

Posted by Reviewer3300605 on Jan 24, 2007

The Enzymedica Digest and other enzymes don't appear to have an equal. These enzymes are more expensive but they actually work. I've tried other brands but this is the best.

Awesome enzyme

Posted by Reviewer1840838 on Dec 18, 2007

This product is fantastic. I wouldn't use any other enzyme product after using this one now for the last 5 months or so. It's more costly, but I believe worth it.

Enzymedica, Digest, Plant Based Enzyems

Posted by Reviewer2433988 on Mar 05, 2008

Had a problem with bloating and nasty gas. This product has helped me tremendously after meals. Bowel movements are more regular. Helps aid digestion of heavy food or high fiber food. This product is a keeper.

Digest capsules

Posted by Reviewer1753472 on Mar 22, 2008

I am gluten intolerant and the Digest capsules were recommended to me by a nutritionist. I have been taking them for over six months now and have noticed a marked improvement in digestion - no bloating, no indigestion and other symptoms common with gluten intolerance. I highly recommend them.

Enzymedica, Digest

Posted by Reviewer1316801 on May 22, 2008

I have never taken these before. I happened to see these on your web site and debated between this and another product. I read the customer reviews and it seemed that even though these were higher in price, the customers thought it was worth it. I started taking these as soon as I got my order. And, I can say, I have seen results. What a relief. I will be ordering these again.

Love Enzymedica enzymes

Posted by Reviewer3237759 on Mar 06, 2015

I can't live without these enzymes. I've been using Digest Gold for a while now and thought i would give these a go and they do seem to do the trick. If im having a big meal i just take two but most of the time 1 is sufficient.

There Will 'Be No' Gas~

Posted by JJ2007 on Apr 13, 2015

Digest Complete does exactly what it says--it completely digests all of my foods; no more bloating or gas. One small capsule taken at the beginning of any meal, and I'm good. This natural remedy works better for me than 'Beano' ever did. 'Nuff said.