BUYER BEWARE! The nutrition content has been changed.

Posted by 5024896378657911321 on Aug 02, 2014

I bought this especially for the high protein content and added vitamin B12. When I received the product I read the nutrition facts label and to my surprise, not only have the company reduced the protein content from 8g to 7g per serving, they have also removed the vitamin B12 altogether! They have also removed the B12 from their Nutritional Yeast powder too. I feel like I've been deceived, so for this reason I will not be buying either of these Frontier products again.

Microscopic flakes.

Posted by Reviewer2716944 on Apr 17, 2011

I was hoping this would look more like fish food flakes, but it looks like a nutritional yeast powder. It's delicious still, but it is not FLAKES; I would call it "nutritional yeast powder" or "ground nutritional yeast." It tastes the same, so it's great as a mix in, but less pleasant as a topping or shake-on item since it lacks the texture of flakes. As a component of dressings or sauces, you may use a little less than called for since it's smaller and fits more densely into a measuring cup. :)

Yum! Love this stuff

Posted by supplementguru on Apr 13, 2013

This is by far my favorite product. I use this on almost everything, including pasta, rice, eggs, vegetables, salads and my favorite, popcorn! You can use it to make dips, dressings, sauces or put in your smoothies. It is a good source of B vitamins, including vitamin B12 for vegans. It has a nice cheese-like flavor that my son just loves. He puts it on everything, I even caught him just eating it with a spoon. It also is a good source of protein and is salt and gluten free. .

Great deal!

Posted by Reviewer3027906 on Sep 02, 2012

I love using frontier nutritional yeast to get my b vitamins. Iherb has cheapest price!

good flavor, fine product

Posted by x-tine on Jan 16, 2012

These seem fresher than versions available in bulk bins of health food stores. It has a finer, almost powdery texture that blends well with just about anything.

good product, super mini flakes

Posted by shellloid on Oct 18, 2013

This tastes great, but if I hasn't read the other reviews first I probably would have thought that I got sent the wrong product as the flakes really are mini to the point of almost being a powder. I'll need to use less that recipes call for because of this or I'll go through it in supper quick time!

These are very good.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Dec 04, 2013

They are not the most delicious I've had (that would be Quantum Nutrition) but those are hard to come by, and these are the best of what's available on iherb, in my opinion. I think the Frontier are a very good company, excellent quality.

It is more like a powder, but tastes just as good as other brands

Posted by Umbridge on Apr 22, 2012

As other reviewers commented, this is more powder than flakes, but it tastes similar to other brands. It still imparts a nice, 'cheesy'/nutty flavour, and it has many uses, from making sauces, to sprinkling on popcorn or pasta, and even to smoothies.

Great product

Posted by 5465294588230911349 on May 31, 2013

Great taste, and with extra B12 vitamin, something that vegan people need. I use it in many recipies, but the pop corn with nutritional yast makes the difference. Try it an you'll remember me!!!! Just add nutritional yast right after you make the pop corn, as they are still hot! It's the perfect chease taste!!!! :)

poor taste!

Posted by Reviewer2424993 on Apr 02, 2014

That's the worst tasting Stevia I ever had. I don't believe in health benefits of Stevia,my goal is to improve the flavor of food. Well, THIS one does the exact opposite - makes the food tasting gross....