Gundelsheim, Kiihne, Barrel Sauerkraut, 28.5 oz (810 g)

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Simply delicious and nutritious.

Posted by Reviewer1548715 From New York on Dec 07, 2011

Dear Fellow Customers of iHerb, This sauerkraut comes from Germany, near my ancestral city. It is the best you can find. I am overjoyed to see that iHerb now carries it! In the past I traveled by bus and train into Manhattan to one of the last of the German stores remaining in Yorkville that carries it. Then I would have to lug it back to Howard Beach. But it was worth it. Great for fiber, natural iron, and vinegar for health. Since it comes in a glass jar, the unused portion will keep in the refrigerator for weeks. Dankeschoen iHerb! Guten Appetit

Nothing like real German Sauerkraut

Posted by Reviewer3108954 From New York on Oct 16, 2011

iHerb, thanks for selling this brand of sauerkraut, it is the only brand I have found here in the USA that matches my German mother's homemade sauerkraut. There is nothing like real German Sauerkraut and Gundelsheim has the true natural ingredients, which is very little except sliced cabbage and some salt, allowing it to ferment on its own. It is a natural sweet and sour instead of chemicals. Once you taste their Sauerkraut you will never be satisfied with any other brand.

Very Tasty

Posted by ShirleyM on Mar 09, 2013

I was pleased that when I opened the jar, I found it packed full to the brim with sauerkraut. There was very little juice but enough so it wasn't dry. I went off site and found that it is just two ingredients, cabbage and salt. I made a couple of small batches of lacto-fermented sauerkraut a couple of years ago, and this reminds me of the homemade sauerkraut. Mild tasting, no sharp vinegary tang, just good tasting sauerkraut in my opinion. Will order this again.

The best kraut yet.

Posted by 5556342312851914774 on Sep 24, 2013

I have been looking for good tasting saurkraut for years. My mother used to cook it and how could I be so stupid to never get the way she did it written down. So since she has been gone 25 years I missed out somehow from IHerb...maybe I had to have the internet to find it...but find it I did and it is as good as you are ever going to find, cooked slightly to take off some of the tough sourness from the canned brands. Heat it up with ribs, etc or eat it cold or hot on brats...wow, I am glad I found it. I have come back for extra cases of this.

Lovely Sauerkraut

Posted by 5412520879221613798 on Dec 08, 2013

This sauerkraut was very nice. Thanks iherb for your good service and fast delivery!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »