Healthy Origins, Alpha Lipoic Acid, 600 mg, 150 Capsules

Truly superior !!!

Posted by adnangrebovic From Bosnia and Herzegovina on Sep 12, 2013

I have insulin resistance, that's why I bought these. I's just amazing how this particular ALA gives me energy, feeling of well-being, and my cravings and continuous hunger are completely unnoticeable . I have bought Doctor's Best ALA, but nothing compares with the effect that I get with this one. ALA from Doctor's Best contains a lot of fillers that makes me feel kind of sick. I will stick to Healthy Origins from now on.

great!

Posted by Elena1280324 From Russian Federation on Jul 01, 2012

I use it together with DMAE, CoQ10 and collagen. I adhere to a rule that "the beauty begins from within". This complex allows me to support skin in an elastic, smooth condition, constrains emergence of wrinkles. It is convenient to use. Thanks.

Be careful is you have a weak heart

Posted by Reviewer1999801 From New Zealand on Jan 24, 2009

One tablet put me into heart failure for a period of 24 hours, very unplesant experience. I tried again about 3 days later after having recovered but the result was the same. On the internet I have have since read other stories of heart related reactions to ALA in high doses. Clearly some people with heart problems do not cope well with high doses of ALA. I would suggest trying a lower dose first if you are a first time user, most people it would seem do not have a problem.

Displayed formulation is incorrect

Posted by Reviewer3039646 From California on Feb 02, 2012

This formula is not simply ALA plus a gelatin capsule. The capsule also contains magnesium stearate, which is *not* displayed on the iHerb product page as part of the formulation and which I was trying to avoid. ALA is tough enough to absorb without making the problem worse by coating it with grease. As far as I can tell, this is the first time iHerb has made this kind of mistake on the products I buy, but that doesn't return me to a state of happiness on this product. I'll use it up and not rebuy.

Diabetic Neuropathy

Posted by Reviewer1516192 From New York on Jan 01, 2010

Alpha Lipoic Acid is great as an anti-oxidant. It is both fat and water soluble. But its real strength lies in protecting diabetics with neuropathy. I have been taking it for years and the pain I used to have in my legs has completely disappeared. I have been a diabetic since 1996 and my doctor is amazed at my condition. I am over weight (270 lbs on a 6 foot frame) and my hba1c is down from 7.6 now 6.2. I know this nutrient plus others have helped me greatly. My goal now is to get the rest of the weight off. I will definitely order what ever I need from iherb, their prices are the best. Also this is the best price I have found on Alpha Lipoic Acid anywhere.