• Healthy Origins uses exclusively floraFiT (R ) manufactured by Danisco, USA. Positively the best quality in the world.

• Reviews | English

Great Product

Posted by 5649150956425648240 on Aug 10, 2012

I've had 2 bouts of stomach flu within the last 6 - 8 weeks & during that time I was taking another brand of probiotic with 7 billion CFU's. I saw this product on iherb and decided to give it a go, I commenced taking these about a week after my last bout of stomach flu and during the first 4 days experienced bloating, gas & diarrhea. I was almost going to throw these away in disgust thinking I had caught the tummy bug yet again and the probiotic wasn't working but I read online reviews that advised what I was experiencing are common side effects when taking probiotics and symptoms usually last between 1 - 2 weeks. So I persevered. After the 4 days my tummy settled, I was still a little bloated and has loose stools. During the next 3 - 4 days I developed a mid range fever, after more research I found that this is a less common side effect that is thought to be caused by a disruption to the immune system either by the introduction of the good bacteria or the good bacteria actually doing their job and killing off the bad bacteria. So again I persevered. I have now been taking these a little over a week and the symptoms have all gone, I am starting to feel a lot better than I have in a long time (I have experienced loss of energy and general malaise since November when i had a bad chest infection). It does feel as though these good little bacterial guys have fought off all the bad stuff that has been in my system and I am now feeling refreshed and energized. I have already repurchased the larger size bottle and will continue to take these supplements.

Get your probiotics refrigerated

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

I am a beliver in probiotics. However poor shelf life can be an issue. Probiotics are not stable for very long at room temperature. If the temperature goes higher there are no guarantees what may be left living. This is no disrespect to iHerb, but I now buy my probiotics from a health food store that keeps them refrigerated or I buy from a vendor that will ship them in ice packs. This was not shipped in Ice. Infact the manufacturer says it is not required. Regardless of that, I keep mine refrigerated. I highly recommend to keep your probiotics refrigerated. Even if it claims to be ok not to do so. Also, look for glass bottle packaging or individually packaged capsules (blister packaging) as this will help with the shelf life. Look for a broad range of strains in any probitic you buy. Seven or more. The Lacto bacteria are for the small intenstine and the Bifo are for the large intestine. You can also take a prebiotic(food for the probiotic) that will help the probiotics thrive. Prebiotics include inulin, FOS, and foods like onions, garlic, bananas and leeks. Also consider NAG. Take your probiotic on an empty stomach with water mixed with bit of lemon or lime. This will help it move through the stomach faster (stomach acid will kill them) and into the intestine where it needs to be. I did use an entire bottle of this product and I found very little benefit from it. Probaly for the reasons I outlined above. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. You will see my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

A Miracle

Posted by Reviewer2710857 on Dec 22, 2012

I've being suffering from several years from GERD symptoms like sore throat, coughing, burping, a feeling like there was something stuck in my throat and voice changes. After spending thousand of dollars with medics and exams they said I didn't have anything so I decided to investigate it myself and gave a chance to probiotic. All these symptoms started to improve 3 days after I started taking it (I use 2 or 3 pills a day). Also, some skin problems like Keratosis Pilaris seems to be improving. My allergies are getting better and I feel very energetic because I no longer have digestion problems. Will buy these pills as long as they produce. Healthy Origins has the best amount (in billions) of good bacteria than other brands. Oh, they also survive in room temperature which is fantastic. 5 stars!!

Quality probiotic so far

Posted by nmbenzo on Mar 24, 2014

First, I would like to begin with the disclaimer that I have only been using this probiotic for about two weeks, so I cannot speak on behalf of the long term efficacy of this probiotic. This said, I began using this product to help eradicate candida symptoms that have been present for over a year; most likely brought about due to my insatiable thirst for really tasty beer and wine. I have tried several other probiotics available through iHerb.com, mostly in the CFU range between four billion to about 15 billion. Although, I did notice some improvement in my digestion using the aforementioned probiotics, I did NOT notice any unequivocal changes in my candida symptoms; they just appeared to be kicking the can down the road and not actually treating the real problem. Not true with this product. After the first three to four days, I had one evening of strong diarrhea and terrible gas for about a week. I was almost ready to give up on the Healthy Origin probiotics because they appeared to be too much for my tender digestive tract, but then I realized that these reactions must be "die-off" symptoms of candida albicans. Hey, this actually could be working?! About one week later, I am experiencing even better digestion and almost zero gas or bloating after meals. I have also noticed better sleep quality and a clearer head. To my wonderful surprise, I believe this probiotic is actually doing what it is supposed to in terms of rebalancing my digestive tract; although, a full review and five star rating is contingent upon longer use. To sum up, so far this probiotic appears to be working well to reduce my candida symptoms and bring a balance to the healthy bacteria in my gut. I use this product along with Saccro B by Jarrow and Vitamineral Green by Healthforce Nutritionals. I have had good experience with both of those products in the past. I am also using a Zeolite product from Healthforce and Bragg's ACV to keep a well oiled system, but that is neither here nor there, as the focus of this review is on Healthy Origins probiotic. Good luck in your journey towards a balanced and well oiled digestive system. Remember, the gut is your second brain!

Prepare for die off symptoms

Posted by Reviewer1964258 on Aug 20, 2010

When I first took this I had diarrhea for 4 days. I also had flu-like symptoms for a day. My gut would rumble with gas minutes after digesting this probiotic. However, after those first 4 days the die off symptoms subsided. I guess it killed a lot of yeast. So if you experience any die off symptoms, just push forward and the symptoms should go away eventually.

30 billion CFU's -- that is 25 billion more than 5 billion in Jarrow Formulas, Jarro-Dophilus EPS

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 27, 2014

I am also very happy with the fact that Healthy Origins, Probiotic, 30 Billion CFU's does not contain vitamin C, which kills both bacteria (good and bad) and virus. I appreciate vitamin C's antibiotic effect but I don't want to take both probiotics and antibiotics at the same time. Please visit my Products-With-Reviews page to find out My Favorite Products and my reviews on many other products.

Ineffective compared to other brands

Posted by Reviewer2774065 on Jun 24, 2012

Maybe these sat in a hot truck before making it to New Zealand, but these probiotics were completely useless for me, even when taking 3 a day. I tossed these and ordered my (more expensive) preferred brand, which keeps my GI system running smoothly.

Good for pregnancy symptoms, allergies and future baby's health

Posted by NaturalMum on Mar 02, 2015

After reading that consuming probiotics during pregnancy was shown to reduce the risk of the baby developing allergies I thought I'd give it a go. However the good effects seem to be for mum too! Part and parcel of pregnancy is usually UTI's, constipation and heartburn but I am happy to say I have none of these symptoms so far. This is a relief after particularly suffering with bad heartburn in my last pregnancy. Please click 'yes' if you found this review helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on pregnancy/nursing friendly natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

virker

Posted by 5106584104797104015 on Dec 12, 2012

har vert plaget med magen/tarm. Probiotic virket etter noen få dager og magen er nå god normal. har lagt inn ny bestilling og kommer til å bruke disse fremover.

Did nothing for me

Posted by Reviewer3072511 on Aug 16, 2012

I bought this twice but did not notice any improvement on regularity, however, today I've had my first tablet of Dr Ohira's probiotics and I went to the toilet 3 hours later!