Works wonderfully!

Posted by Reviewer1613928 on May 19, 2010

This is more like a dark brown/black color, which is what I actually wanted. You need to buy a hair coloring brush to apply it. Long lasting color and I think it works better than commercial hair dyes I've tried. The best part is no bad chemicals, no bad smell, and no burning. Try using an apple cider vinegar rinse before coloring to remove build-up and your hair will soak up this dye.

I have found my new hair color

Posted by Reviewer1936157 on Jul 12, 2008

I have been going to the same person for 10 years for my color and cut but because I moved to another State, I had to do something different. I was nervous about finding someone new to do my color and wanted to use a natural hair color but didn't want henna. After reading several reviews, I tried the Herbavita and am very happy. I mixed the Dark Chestnut with a little Mahogony Chestnut for some red highlights and love the result. My hair is very shiny and the color has lasted. I will definitely continue to use Herbavita!

Gentle Hair Color

Posted by Reviewer2885784 on Oct 22, 2008

I have been doing my own coloring for a while now and needed something gentle because my hair was getting dried out. My hair was so soft and healthy feeling after using this. It also covers grey very well. I love this stuff. Down-side: no applicator or mixing container, pretty much black not dark brown. Next time I will get a lighter shade.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1722464 on Jan 12, 2009

Great gray coverage but the color is a bit darker than anticipayed

90% grey coverage

Posted by Reviewer1605433 on Jan 09, 2011

Doesn't quite cover the grey totally, but still, I am very pleased to find something so natural. This is a VERY dark brown colour, which is perfect for me. You will need to buy a hair dye comb/brush - you can buy them for a couple of pounds on Ebay. It's also wonderful that you only need use as much as you need, so short haired people can get 2 applications out of a box. I use around 3/4 of the whole box for my shoulder length hair, then after 2 weeks, use the 1/4 to touch up my roots and that really works well for a whole month like that! iherb as always provide speedy and wonderful service!

Dark Chestnut = Very Darkest Brown

Posted by 5523849591739848330 on Jul 15, 2015

I have a super sensitive scalp. I was hoping that this color would not aggravate it, but unfortunately, it did. In fact, it hurts/itches just as awful as with the harsher chemicals. HOWEVER!! There is no awful smell using this product. Additionally, my hair is shiny and feels great after using it. And the best part?? The 100% gray coverage is no joke. Other products may claim this, but even with my stubborn non-previously color treated grays, I didn’t see a single one after using this treatment (that has never happened with other products I’ve tried). Now, be aware – this is not like the regular colors you get from the stores where you plop step 1 into step 2’s bottle and shake. This comes in small bottles you can mix together in a separate container and then put onto your hair. I used a cup with a hair color brush I had purchased from a beauty supply store. Worked great, even if it was a little messier than I would have preferred (you can also buy the bottles at beauty supply stores if you prefer that method). The great part about this is that even for my super long hair, I am now able to do a root touch up using just 25% of the bottle. (The color I use is my natural color, so I’m really just trying to cover the grays.) This is great because I’m not wasting unnecessary product, and I’m saving money at the same time. As stated in the review title, this color is a beautiful brown/black. Overall, I’m so glad I found this product, and I consider it a great buy!

Super

Posted by 5591048472868227557 on Sep 25, 2015

Very good product. Nice color (not too much black in the color, just nice dark brown), nice texture, hair is gentle and undamaged after the procedure.

Recommended product!

Posted by 4993593499693851692 on Jan 23, 2016

Colour stay, no hair loss, no smell and easy to apply!

Covers the gray

Posted by Reviewer1385006 on Mar 03, 2010

Easy to use. I like being able to mix only the amount needed for touch-ups.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer2719290 on Aug 23, 2014

I have been using this brand of hair color for many years. Its the only one that doesn't irritate my scalp and it dyes even the most subborn grey hair.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »