Covers grey completely!

Posted by Reviewer2543161 on Dec 29, 2011

This dye mixes smoothly to a gel-like consistency. There is little to no smell as you will find in commercial dyes, as well as no harsh chemicals. The color does come out slightly darker than the name would indicate. For example, Light Chestnut actually turns hair to a very dark brown, near black. After 1-2 weeks of showering it eventually fades slightly but not light enough to be Light Chestnut, so choose a shade lighter than you hope to achieve. This dye uses PPD - the chemical that causes cancer and allergies, but it is used in very low doses. This is the reason that the dye covers grey very well. I use this dye every few months to touch up roots between regular use of henna dye. It is a good value as you can mix some of the dye and save the rest for another application or 2 if your hair is very short. Great product, safer than most commercial dyes, pleasant smell, works in 40 minutes, easy application, not messy at all.

Great haircolor!

Posted by 4835049135052588970 on Feb 20, 2013

I like it. Because it doesn't damage my hair and my hair is shine after using this product. Concerning the choosing of color I have to say that the result is darker than in pack. I mix dark blonde and light chestnut to get beautiful light chestnut color. In order to get good result you have to keep it minimum 45 minutes on your hair. Best regards and good luck to everybody!

Perfect

Posted by KrisHolth on Aug 28, 2012

I have brown hair and this matches my haircolor perfectly. It`s a natural nuance with no red pigments. Covers all my grays.

Excellent Product!

Posted by Reviewer1318765 on Jan 04, 2009

I am very happy with this product, I was looking to get away from dangerous chemicals that are in so many of these type products. After using henna and it not working well for me anymore and very messy, I decided to try this. There is no odor, color is fantastic, easy to use, conditioner works well leaving my hair feeling soft and shiny. I've used many hair products over the years and this is by far the best. It covered my gray perfectly.

Satisfied with this for Years Now

Posted by Reviewer1963608 on Sep 25, 2011

I have been using herbatint for years, and am happy with it. The color looks natural, contains fewer toxins than most hair dyes, and is an easy to mix gel (2 parts to mix together). I mix only a small amount and then paint it onto the small areas at the temples where I have gray, wait and then shampoo. Very easy, and it takes me forever to get through the whole bottle. What you don't use can be saved for other applications. That makes it extremely economical.

Good compromise

Posted by Reviewer2603367 on Feb 21, 2011

Actually I’m still looking for a natural way to dye my grey hair but although I have tried many brands of henna, no henna can cover grey hair so good and reliable like chemical dye. This brand is one of them with the lowest amount of harmful PPD, so I use it once in a while in order to unify my brown colour when the greys are showing trough too much. It is very gentle and doesn’t dry my hair out, making it shining and smooth.

Herbatint

Posted by Reviewer1042540 on Jun 08, 2011

This product really covers grays. I was very pleased. Probably a little darker than light chestnut, but I expected that after reading reviews. Overall satisfied.

Best hair color I've ever used

Posted by Reviewer2079761 on Aug 14, 2009

Standing in the bathroom for 40 minutes waiting for the color to set had always been a miserable experience when I was using drugstore hair color. Herbatint has no ammonia fumes so it lets me breathe even in the winter months when I have all the windows closed. The color is better too. It doesn't get brassy after a while like the big name brands do. I buy it for myself and a friend so we can get free shipping. We love it!

Herbatint Permanent Hair Color--5N. Light Chestnut

Posted by Reviewer2525734 on Feb 04, 2010

Love it, Love it, Love it.... This is the best hair color I've ever used and it covers gray even better than salon color. It's natural and not harsh and it's a perfect match to my brunette color !!

Shiney, beautiful color.

Posted by Reviewer1541734 on Apr 16, 2010

Used this product for almost 20 years. I get compliments from beauty professionals and strangers about the color of my hair often. Most are surprised to learn that my hair is colored. I suggest mixing colors! I always mix at least two colors. Buy the Herbatint shampoo if you can and do not forget to use the conditioner. Otherwise, your hair will feel like straw.