July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

iHerb Promotional Materials, Hand Held Bamboo Tea Whisk for Matcha Tea (Discontinued Item)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Inferior

Posted by twistedinsanity on Jun 07, 2013

It does its decent job but the quality of the whisk is terrible when you look at the original pricing of USD 12.95, because I can get a similar Bamboo Tea Whisk (Chasen) around my area for USD 2 for a similar quality. You will need to be replace this Bamboo Tea Whisk (Chasen) very fast if you are planning to make green tea everyday like me. I can't gauge the exact bamboo used to make this whisk, but the labeling said "made in China".

Works great so far

Posted by Reviewer3272543 on Oct 12, 2013

I've have been using this for two months making matcha tea two to three times a day. For the reviewer who is questioning the quality, this tip may help prolong its life. It is better to warm the whisk up briefly in the hot water before whisking. The purpose is to prevent the bamboo from breaking as the bamboo is stronger and less brittle when wet. This is done in a formal Japanese tea ceremony as well. I have read the Japanese made whisks are of better quality, but are also $25 to $40 a whisk. Now that I'm hooked on matcha tea, I'll treat myself to one in the future. I have also read the ones made in China have a chemical applied to them to speed up drying of the bamboo, and to prevent fungus on the tines. The ones made in Japan are naturally kiln dried for one year. Hopefully no chemical residue is left on the bamboo on this product. It would be great if iherb carried the authentic Japanese one.

decent quality, authentic experience

Posted by drewmastro on Jun 25, 2013

I love this whisk, it helps my Matcha tea to develop a nice foam on top. Never wash it in soap, just rinse in water, and the natural oils on the bamboo will prevent it from absorbing any substance.

no good

Posted by 4622915757481068246 on Nov 16, 2013

I am learning the way of Japanese tea. The whisk we are using is different than this one. I didn't like the quality. It has bad smell. And when you put it in the water, water changes the color. Also it has quite thick handle, which is different from what we use.

High quality - very efficient

Posted by Allinstar on Nov 18, 2013

Also a nice tool preparing sause for your dinner. It doesnt scratch the pan.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »