Light doesn't work

Posted by Reviewer1301163 on Feb 18, 2014

I feel ungrateful, complaining about something I got for free, but the magnifier's light didn't work upon receipt. After removing the screw that should allow access to the battery compartment, the cover refused to budge. Another reviewer mentioned getting it off with a sharp knife, which I will try. It magnifies well with bright ambient light, but the LED light would make this much better.

DOA

Posted by odereviews on Feb 16, 2014

Dead On Arrival. Looks nice, but the led light doesn't work. After removing the screw, it was really hard to open up the case (You need a really sharp knife. Inside there's 2 x batteries (CR 2016). Hope those are working.

Much smaller than expected

Posted by Does-it-do on Feb 25, 2014

It is much smaller than I expected (which is very good), because I was afraid it being too big. But the one easily can carry it even in his or her wallet. So, the size is about two match boxes put one on another, and it is made from very thin yet strong plastic. The main lense will zoom about 3x, and additional lense (its the round shape lense in the main lense) will zoom ~5x. The lense itself is crystal clear, so theres no problem while reading. And theres a very thiny LED light bulb at the back of the magnifier to read in the dark. Actually, very lovely item.

iHerb Goods, Magnifier with LED Light

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Mar 04, 2014

Total rubbish, this is what I can say. It is not working at all (China made, what to expect?) and I am not a repairer to fix it. I don't have the tools.

Great magnifier with a bright LED viewing light.

Posted by Leione on May 08, 2014

This magnifier providing 2x magnification with a 6x bifocal inset is slim, lightweight, compact, portable, and comes with a bright LED illuminated viewing light with an on/off button, which is very convenient in low light situations, especially if you travel. I like it.

!

Posted by Reviewer2344984 on Feb 28, 2014

Thank you for the freebie, but the light does not work.

A Good Little Gadget

Posted by Reviewer1465605 on May 29, 2015

I bought this for a dollar as a Product Trial. If I buy another one it will cost me $3.95. It was the buck that I needed to spend to get my order over $120.00 which equates to an extra 1% off. That was the difference between $7.20 off and and $8.40. So, really, I saved 20¢ In this economy I'll take what I can get :] I read a lot of reviews that said it was DOA. I bought it anyway,and took my chances. It worked upon arrival. I was happy with that. Although, I have to say that I would be very disappointed if light hadn't worked. It would still magnify, it just wouldn't light up the object you're trying to magnify. So, even if it doesn't light up, it's well worth the dollar. I like it because it fits into my purse. It comes in handy when I blow out of the house and forget my readers.

Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on May 21, 2015

Useful and very handy.

Very convenient. I like it.

Posted by Caerulea on May 16, 2014

This magnifier is very compact, slim, easy to carry around, and has an LED viewing light. Great freebie.

Good LED light magnifier

Posted by coupon-code-2014 on Feb 13, 2014

This have been the best freebie in this year so far. This is good/basic LED illuminated viewing light with batteries included. I just wish the LED would be more brighter, but for free item I am happy after all.