Plastic lid of unknown quality, after thorough washing gives off chemical scent

Posted by NutritionArts on Aug 15, 2013

You get what you pay for. The innards are steel (good), but the cover contains plastic and silicone of unknown composition (no data on BPS, BPF, BPA, phtalates and temperature resistance). After thorough washing with detergent and triple rinsing, the mug gives off a chemical/industrial smell with hot liquids (e.g. herbal tea). Into the trash bin it goes. Not worth risking your health just to save a few dollars. Buy something 100% ceramic or 100% steel, with no plastic parts.

cup has chemical smell

Posted by Reviewer2151742 on Aug 20, 2013

i love Iherb but the lid on this cup smells of chemicals. the chemical taste goes into my coffee and distorts the flavor. i recommend Iherb change the lid. there are too many health orientated people who order from this site to tarnish the Iherb with this minor item.

Not Portable! It leaks. Beverages taste horrible after washing plastic lid!

Posted by Reviewer2227589 on Aug 29, 2013

I do not know how this can be labeled a Travel Coffee Mug. It leaks from the lid. The lid is a health hazard! I noticed when I first washed the lid that something was strange. No matter how many times I rinsed, there was a foamy soapy residue on the lid. You'll waist a lot of water trying to rinse the soap off. I used the mug and noticed that my tea tasted a bit funny. I washed the Mug again. I shook the lid and I could hear some liquid dancing around. I think that some of the dish-washing liquid seeps in between the plastic and steel. It is not like I scrubbed away. I very lightly used a sponge to wash the lid. I also began to notice that water seeps in between the steel cup and acrylic outer cup. I could see the foamy soap through the plastic. I am grossed out to think that I drank dish-washing liquid with my beverages! I am glad I use non-toxic soap. I purchased three. All three do show signs of seepage. One more than the other two. It is possible that my mugs may have been defective. I am definitely not buying again. I love iherb. I do wish they would not put their brand name on such a defective mug.

Stylish and functional

Posted by Danesa on Sep 08, 2013

I love the design of this. The seal of the lid is tight - nothing leaks. It's very easy to operate and fits nicely in my car's cup holder. Keeps hot or cold and best of all no metallic taste. I really like the styling and functionality of the mug.

Excellent Product

Posted by mighty on Aug 22, 2013

Love this Travel mug, love it.

Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on Aug 08, 2013

Convenient and a nice coffee cups.. worth it.

okay

Posted by dingdongtwid on May 08, 2014

got it for free last year, along with my first iherb purchase before iherb impose trial products cannot be free. been using it for quite sometime. but it needs to be thoroughly washed for the first time as it smells plasticky. after that it's good.

rusty mug

Posted by 4933006734945899667 on Feb 15, 2014

the first day of using this mug, i smelled something rusty(of course i washed it several times). and it is my 2nd day to use this product now I actually can see the rust inside of it. shame.

Great!

Posted by Iselena on Jan 29, 2014

I love it! It has a good quality. The most important is that this mug has no chemical/plastic smell.

Looks good and easy to take with you

Posted by puurnatuurlijkleven on Oct 25, 2014

As a fan of iherb and as a coffee lover, yes I know..... haha I thought let's get this mug. It looks exactly like the picture. Your drinks stays pretty long warm. A good size and it is easy to take along.