Works great so far

Posted by Reviewer3272543 on Feb 10, 2016

I've have been using this for three years now making matcha tea everyday. For the reviewer who is questioning the quality, this tip may help prolong its life. It is better to warm the whisk up briefly in the hot water before whisking. The purpose is to prevent the bamboo from breaking as the bamboo is stronger and less brittle when wet. This is done in a formal Japanese tea ceremony as well. I have read the Japanese made whisks are of better quality, but are also $25 to $40 a whisk. Now that I'm hooked on matcha tea, I'll treat myself to one in the future. I have also read the ones made in China have a chemical applied to them to speed up drying of the bamboo, and to prevent fungus on the tines. The ones made in Japan are naturally kiln dried for one year. Hopefully no chemical residue is left on the bamboo on this product. It would be great if iherb carried the authentic Japanese one.

Good Basic Tea Whisk

Posted by 4877049725693142163 on Dec 06, 2014

Purchased this whisk along with the Aoi Harmony Matcha tea. Works very well - creates a lovely even foam and blends the tea as expected. It dries well without distortion.

Té a la Japonesa

Posted by 5403259092727681414 on Feb 26, 2014

Imprescindible para una buena ceremonia con té matcha, o simplemente para preparlo correctamente sin que queden grumos, me gusta mucho, se limpia muy bien, y su precio es genial para lo que suelen costar estos agitadores.

Good

Posted by Trinity on Dec 22, 2013

A very good product. Does the job well. I use it to mix my henna with water and olive, almond, and castor oil when I dye my hair. It turned a bit orange, but it's all right. It mixes very well all ingredients.

Whisk for Matcha Tea

Posted by Reviewer2746875 on Dec 02, 2013

This is a perfect implement to make tea.

Genial

Posted by Reviewer3147269 on Nov 27, 2013

Justo lo que buscaba, y muy bien de precio.

High quality - very efficient

Posted by Allinstar on Nov 18, 2013

Also a nice tool preparing sause for your dinner. It doesnt scratch the pan.

no good

Posted by 4622915757481068246 on Nov 16, 2013

I am learning the way of Japanese tea. The whisk we are using is different than this one. I didn't like the quality. It has bad smell. And when you put it in the water, water changes the color. Also it has quite thick handle, which is different from what we use.

perfect

Posted by vanagelyte on Nov 07, 2013

great price and good quality, use it a lot with my organic matcha tea :)

High quality but not durable for hot drinks...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews,

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 19, 2013

very gentle but very beautiful,i think it will last much better mixing cold beverages and drinks than hot stuff,go for a stainless steel for a durable whisker for that...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »