Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

iPlay Inc., Green Sprouts, Snack Cups, 3 Months- 2 Years +, 4 Cups/4 Lids (Discontinued Item)

Extra safe, extra cute: GREAT.

Posted by Reviewer1540770 on Mar 09, 2013

These cute snack are just so so Perfect. I've order them because they are Petroleum-free material + made from plants. It's so hard to find non plastic snack cups. I have some stainless steel ( box + lids). I struggle to open them so they are useless for my daughter ( in fact she is so upset of non being able to open them that they are in a drawer). The glass ones (are heavy) + ALWAYS have plastic (that mean toxic for me) lids. I don't want BPA free plastic neither ( because it's even more toxic than the plastic with BPA. (You can check for the study on internet. I think there is only one study for now because the BPA warning is still very recent). I have some food storage in silicone ( there are few with the lid in silicone too but even the smallest aren't that small). So I end up with nothing for small portions and with a baby, this does not make life simplest. When I open the set I was delighted. I IMMEDIATELY open and close one. Just so so easy. Even a very young child could open it easily. In the mean time they close very well and easy ( I haven't try yet if they leak. In fact even if they leak I intend to use them to store a never ending list of stuff that don't leak). I love the touch of bio plastic. I've teach my daughter to notice material and being aware of the special quality of natural material. She doesn't like the smell and touch feeling from plastic. Since she is born I've try to make the home plastic safe. The house she live in is almost plastic free. Plastic is something she mostly only meet when she is not at home. Even her dolls are corn made and both smell vanilla. When we shop in supermarkets, she ask me to leave because it's so full of ugly items and that smell way too bad.I've teach her that if that does smell bad, that mean it's bad. She isn't 3 years old, but she knows that for a sure fact. Trust me this tiny princess really doesn't like plastic. I was still checking the cups when she find them. She grabs the blue one ( her favorite color) and scream in delighted: "A non plastic cup for my ice creeammm!" (In New Zealand, organic ice cream is packed plastic packaging.). She was so exited she had to call her dad about this wonderful discovery. Dad really doesn't care that much but she was over the moon. In case that does matter to you the color of the 4 jars in this girl set are: - Pink - Purple - Blue - green ( this one is the fourth cup you don't see on the picture). All colors are very soft colors ( Plants dyes if I remember right what I've read from the packaging). The picture on Iherb give a more flashy color but they are pastel colors. In a world where marketing does flashy pink barbie items only for girl it's just so relaxing. My daughter is OK with pink but she isn't a pink fanatic at all. Doing shopping avoiding pink and plastic ...save you a loooot of money. I have ask my daughter which was her favorite color. For the set she made an exception, she love them all, even the pink. They are all extra cute for a tiny girl and make life so easy if you're a plastic paranoiac like me. In case you're not a plastic fighter, try them, you may fall in love with bio plastic ;o) I'm going to order many more. Even the boy set because there is an orange one in the boy set. I'll need more colors to stock the natural play dough ( we are going to be able to make now that I've finally manage to find a non plastic jar that she can open by herself). They are so handy to store anything ( play dough, hair pins, ice cream in baby size, yoghourt ( the cup are slightly bigger than a 100gr yoghourt) but they are perfect if you buy big size white yoghourt than add your own fruits. They are also great for the bath ( my daughter have silicone toys for the bath and until now she didn't have any jars to play in the bath). They are never ending uses for them. They ARE dishwasher safe ( but if you want them to last wash them by hand). Thanks A LOT IHerb for having them on stock. I hope you'll not discontinued them too soon.

Love it!

Posted by 4838630523755067941 on Oct 01, 2013

Love the colours! And knowing that it is made of food safe material makes then even more attractive :D

Bien

Posted by 4936004802894115056 on Oct 31, 2013

De bons petits pots pour transporter la nourriture de façon saine.