Ferritin Levels

Posted by Reviewer1056835 on Feb 16, 2013

In Dec 2012 I was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis.In Nov 2012 my ferritin levels were 2553 micrograms per litre.I started this product using 2 caps at a time with Jarrow inositol at about a 4 to 1 ratio,IP6 to Inositol and a week later got the IP6 Gold and took one dose of it as well but at a different time of day so I was doing 2 doses per day.In Feb of 2013 my ferritin was 1281...still high so my Dr wanted me to begin phlebotomy treatments (blood letting) so I will continue to monitor.The fact that the ferritin levels dropped by half before any other treatments is encouraging so I will keep it up in the hopes of reducing or even eliminating phlebotomy treatments.

Made me wheeze, tired and lethargic

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 02, 2013

Took one a day on empty stomach and with nothing else (as per label) but found it unsuitable so discontinued use. It caused me to wheeze and become tired/lethargic. However - other reviews here support the science that has proven this to be effective. Not the right supplement for me, but may work for you. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

great product

Posted by 5148976571429516986 on Oct 07, 2014

I am using IP6 for chelation of iron. I have been taking a fairly large daily doses for about 6 weeks now. I am not as exhausted as before. My joint do not hurt as much.If you are interested in this product please read The Iron Time Bomb by Bill Sardi.

Lots of phosphorus from the Inositol Hexaphosphate caused problems with my liver

Posted by danarm on Jun 29, 2012

I have taken this. Not in large doses, or anything. I have taken it for a short time. In the beginning I felt GREAT. And then, I felt worse and worse. I stoped taking it and went to the doctor. She ordered some blood tests. The liver tests were abnormal, and my blood showed an abnormal high level of phosphorus. She told me the IP6 probably damaged my liver by phosphorus intoxication. I'm now taking further tests and trying to contain the damage.

One of my favorite supplements

Posted by TinVal on Aug 17, 2012

Jarrow IP6 is one of the purest on iherb because the company works with leading Japan manufacturer of Inositol Hexaphosphate. Concerning the benefits.. They are numerous and everyone can read about them in IP6 research book "Too good to be true" from Dr. Kim Vanderlinden and Dr. Ivana Vucenik.