• Formerly known as Silymarin 80%.

• Reviews | English

Women watch out!!

Posted by Reviewer2321661 on Apr 13, 2011

I have been on milk thistle for about 1 year. I do not take other supplements except Omega 3 fish oil. I discovered lumps in both breasts and were really worried. Have them checked (ultrasound etc.) and found out that they are cysts. My doc asked me if I am on HRT. I said "NO". I told him I am on milk thistle for liver health. He told me that our body will recognize milk thistle as estrogen. I have too much estrogen and that leads to breast cysts. I stopped the milk thistle for about 3 weeks and the cysts have gone much smaller. Hope this helps.

the best milk thistle available

Posted by Reviewer3062601 on May 18, 2010

I purchased this product based on the fact that it was the only product of it's kind that passed Consumer Labs.com's potency and purity tests. All of the other brands failed. It has helped my liver enzymes return to normal. I had used other brands for the past 4 yrs, however they did not work for me. It pays to use Quality supplements. I only wished that i had researced this before using worthless products for those 4 yrs.

High Purity Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer3059943 on Mar 05, 2008

This product is of the highest purity. Jarrow is an Israeli company. They produce their formulas to the highest pharmaceutical purity. Only one complaint about this Milk Thisle; the amount of milligrams per capsule is low compared to other brands. In any event, I would recommend about 900 milligrams per day, thats 6 capsules per day. Remember there is no medically recorded toxicity for Milk Thistle, so you could go up to 2 grams a day (2000 milligrams).Milk thistle has an excellent ability to lower liver enzymes and is an anti-oxidant. Another Herb very close to Milk Thistle in it's properties is Picrorrhiza Kurroa. This is a Indian herb from the middle east. It also lowers liver enzymes and has no known toxicity in humans. Jarrow includes this herb in their liver formula's (Liver-PF). Other nutrients to consider when taking milk thistle are Alpha Lipoic Acid, Lecithin, CQ-10, and NAC. All these nutirents are anti-oxidants and help the liver in many different ways.

good quality product

Posted by Reviewer1989096 on Jul 14, 2008

I am a big fan of Jarrow's products. They are consistent quality products. I take their milk thistle regularly to support my liver function and have seen the benefits in my blood work as a result.

Jarrow

Posted by Reviewer1044345 on Mar 06, 2008

Look in the London hospitals, Milk Thistle is used in the emergency room to support people's livers who've just returned from hunting mushrooms & ate the poisoned ones. It's a common treatment there that has been used effectively for years to my knowledge.

Reliable, good value

Posted by Reviewer1813299 on Oct 27, 2008

I started taking silymarin 2 decades ago to protect my liver because of medicines prescribed for a variously diagnosed chronic illness. Six years ago my "mystery illness" was finally diagnosed as chronic Lyme disease, along with a couple other tick-borne diseases. Periodically since then I have been on intensive antibiotic regimens to control the infection (and a new one acquired last year). Because I take silymarin consistently, in all that time I have had only one "out-of-range" liver panel-- and that was due to an antibiotic (Ketek) that was subsequently pulled from the market because so many people were effected this way. Jarrow products are consistently highly rated in tests for reliability and consistency. You know if Jarrow says a certain amount of something is present, it is. Though other products claim a larger % of silymarin, I trust Jarrow.

Mr. Ralph Yoas - consumer

Posted by Reviewer1208203 on May 18, 2008

I use some prescription drugs that are hard on the liver. My liver functions are always good when I have physical exams

The Best Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer2574712 on Dec 08, 2007

These are the best quality Milk Thistle and the cost is twice as low as I can buy in health food market.

Love Jarrow

Posted by Reviewer2722802 on Jun 21, 2008

I like this brand because they seem to be gentle on my sensitive stomach.

Jarrow M T

Posted by Reviewer2070836 on Sep 13, 2015

Must rely on Consumer Lab - no way to tell about MT? Update: Not for women with fibroids. I know doc's recom for estrogen driven cancers and estrogen dom (it cleans liver, so important) but it can actually increase estrogen load. Metabl as estrogen.