• Plastic container

• Reviews | English

disgusting

Posted by Reviewer1200648 on Aug 08, 2010

it tastes & smells like oil that went through an old dirty machine... I wouldnt go for this, go for extra virgin, organic, cold pressed coconut oil, its totally worth the little extra money :)

Horrible, at least from iherb

Posted by Reviewer3057014 on Jun 21, 2010

I decided to order this coconut oil since it appeared to be the frugal pick as well as a favorite on here. When it arrived to my house, I opened it, ready to use it for a moisturizer when I caught the stench of burning plastic, all through the coconut oil! When I informed iherb about this, they just said all I can do is send it back but it's not worth it since I only paid $4.50! Never again.

Smells awful!

Posted by Reviewer1995186 on Jul 03, 2010

Bought this as a moisturiser because it was cheaper than the extra virgin, and what a disappointment! Not sure if I got a bad batch but I bought 3 jars of the stuff and it smells and tastes like burnt plastic. It's not the jar but the oil itself. As I live in the UK it would cost too much to send them back. I begrudge even giving it one star.

Burnt smell

Posted by Reviewer2457535 on Aug 10, 2010

Strong smell/taste of smoke. Completely worthless for cooking. Pay the extra for the extra-virgin type that actually tastes good.

this smelt wrong

Posted by bbchris on Oct 29, 2011

it tasted off too, will never buy again :(

Mold....so disappointed in this product

Posted by Reviewer2372857 on Sep 05, 2012

I've been using coconut oil in all my cooking for some time. I normally buy it at the local health store but I recently moved abroad so now rely on iherb for these things. Shipping was very fast I must say, but this product was a huge disappointment. When I opened the seal I could see hundreds of small white/yellow spores at the bottom of the tub. These are not bit of coconut, they were spherical shaped and did not liquify like the rest of the oil. I will have to throw the whole tub out as I do not want to ingest toxins and mold. I will be ordering Nutiva coconut oil from now on.

Blah

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Jan 21, 2013

Just didn't like the taste of this. Didn't stink of smoke, as others have complained. But it just tasted bland, I guess. Stale too, I think. Bland/stale-tasting fat, yuck! So rather than throw it, out I've used it as a moisturiser. But for eating I like Nutiva, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (NUT-20005). It has a lovely light fresh coconut fragrance that's perfect for cooking and making smoothies.

bad oil

Posted by iren21vek on Mar 09, 2011

I don't like this oil, it is very badly absorbed, from its smell me stirs up, it seems to me in it there is no advantage. I will not buy it any more

oder & taste

Posted by Reviewer2090325 on Nov 12, 2008

this is the first time in a year of using Coconut Oil, that I've had the experience of a very strong oder and taste of coconut. too strong for my sensitive taste buds.

Use in hair...smells terrible!

Posted by Reviewer1304877 on Jun 15, 2010

I normally buy Jarrow Extra Virgin Coconut oil, to moisturize my hair with, but since this product was cheaper I decided to try it. It smelled TERRIBLE!! Like an ash tray! I don't know if the smell is due to it being pressed or what but I didn't even attempt to use it! Now I have 16 oz of liquid cigarette fragrance!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »