Jarrow Formulas, Quercetin, 500 mg, 200 Capsules

Close to magic

Posted by Reviewer3181965 From Norway on Nov 10, 2011

For the past years I have struggled with severe adrenal fatigue, exercise asthma, malnutrition, kidney problems, food intolerances and mastocytosis (internal). I discovered one condition after another, and solved them by help of products from Iherb. It has taken me 3/4 of a year to test each supplement one by one. Quercetine is the last one I tested, and its effect has been nothing short of magic. During a mastocytosis autoimmune attack, I found out that over-the-counter histamine blockers worked, but Histame and Quercetine were better and safer. Histame is fine, as it dissolves excess histamine, but Quercetine is superior, as it blocks the histamine action alltogether. Imagine my shock, after years of suffering, when I tested it with offending foods, and for the first time - no allergic reaction. I even tried a glass of red wine, that would normally lead to histamine flush on the cheeks, brain fog, low grade fever, extreme tiredness and aching muscles the next day (so that I avoided it altogether). Nothing! Two more comments. I am sensitive to high doses, so 500 mg is too much at once. I split it in 150 mg for a smaller meal and 350 mg for a larger. Also, I found it most effective if taken at the end of a meal, especially at night time. Other people may need larger doses, but do not underestimate an allergic reaction to an overdose (I've experienced this even with nutraceuticals). So carefully consider the dose and the timing. Other than that, the quality of the product is immaculate. Someone wrote that this product need to be reformulated. I disagree. First, I prefer pure products. If I need bromelain or vitamin C, I can purchase them separately and compose after my own dosage needs. Secondly, this product is of such obvious quality, it needs to stay so. I am immensely grateful to both scientists and producers of such clever nutraceuticals, and the iherb for making them available at best possible price. After years of suffering I am nearly symptom free. Quercetine should be recommended to anyone who suffers from allergies. If some people don't get relief, it could be the underlying adrenal fatigue. Find adrenal and nutritional support here on Iherb, and you will be fine.

The Best Lab

Posted by Reviewer1519193 From North Carolina on Mar 12, 2008

My doctor, a leading oncologist, has recommended Jarrow brand as part of my Tx for prostate cancer. He states that Jarrow is the brand that most accurately represents what's on it's label.

A great product!

Posted by Reviewer2308367 From New Jersey on Jan 23, 2007

My alternative medicine MD told me to take Quercetn along with my allergy medication when my symptoms are bad. I normally take 4-8 capsules daily. Or, if I plan to eat something I have a food sensitivity to before I go out to eat where I'm not quite sure what's in that sauce, I pop 4 Quercetin capsules and then again about 4 hours after the meal. It works wonders! Reactions are kept to a minimum. This works as an occasional remedy, so don't abuse it. If you feel a cold coming on, take a few extra along with your vitamin C's. It helps nip that cold in the bud ... Stephanie, Hackensack, NJ

Quercetin

Posted by Reviewer1633029 From Washington on Mar 16, 2007

I actually use this for my allergies after I read in the Women's Wall Street that this helps for allergy sufferers in addition to my zyrtec that I take daily. It really seems to take the edge off my terribly itchy nose and body during the spring and summer when I take 1 to 2 Quercetins a day! I highly recommend this and I never write reviews for things

Jarrow Formulas Quercetin

Posted by Reviewer2789279 From Idaho on Mar 16, 2009

My doctor suggested that I start taking 1000 mg of quercetin daily, as it's the stongest anti-oxidant we have. It's also known as a great anti-inflammatory, which is very important for lupus patients. I've taken it for over 4 years now, and as someone with a weakened immune system, I must say that the number of times I'm ill is amazing. I don't get sick often, and I attribute that largely to the addition of quercetin in my antioxidant arsenal. I always easily caught colds, and then had major secondary infections resulting from them. Now I rarely catch anything. I'll never not take quercetin.