HEXANE extracted

Posted by Reviewer2892981 on Nov 12, 2013

I contacted kiss my face by email because recently the soap smell was off. The more i buy it the more it smells like gasoline and not olive oil. They replied saying that the oil is extracted by mechanical means AND with HEXANE witch is a very harsh chemical product found in many type of fuel. This weird smell is from the hexane left in the oil during the separation of the olive pulp and the oil. Still looking for a affordable clean soap bar...

Super soap!

Posted by Reviewer2266561 on Feb 03, 2008

We love this soap. My husband uses it for shampoo and it has alleviated his ichy scalp.

This soap really removes make up easily and keeps skin balanced with just the right amount of moisture.

Posted by Reviewer2428789 on May 31, 2008

I started using Kiss My Face when I noticed my first facial wrinkle. All the relatives on my mother's side of the family suffer from pre-mature aging. Because I had very oily skin, I was very skeptical about using it, due to its being made from olive oil. I was totally amazed when I discovered that it actually removed the excess oil from my face and kept it oil-free 24 hours a day. Perhaps because I was adding moisture, it kept my pores from producing excess oil to compensate for lack of moisture. I would estimate that I have used this soap for close to 20 years. It is the only product I will use to clean my face. I take it with me when I travel. When I could no longer find it in Health/Nutrition stores, I searched the internet and there was iHerb!! Don't be dismayed at the price or the appearance of this green-colored product...it last for months!!

Great for sensitive skin.

Posted by Reviewer2671912 on Nov 29, 2007

My husband uses it because his skin is extremely sensitive and he swears by it.

Dries out skin!

Posted by Reviewer1923796 on Feb 04, 2013

I bought this after reading the reviews. However all it did was dry out my skin and my husband's skin. He developed red rashes on his neck, and as for me, my arms and elbow itched after using it. Normally I am not at all sensitive to products, however this organic soap really made my skin itch. Could be that this product is not suited for everyone.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1019740 on Feb 04, 2007

I have used this for over 7 years and don't want to use anything else!

Skin Feels Good

Posted by Reviewer3126375 on Oct 21, 2007

My skin feels good. Smell is okay. Very large bar.

Wouldn't use anything else

Posted by Reviewer2850178 on Feb 08, 2008

I'm sensitive to a lot of things, but have no problem with this soap. I even use it to wash my hair - which makes it great to travel with. The bar is a good size and lasts a long time.

Awesome soap, cats like it too!

Posted by Reviewer2528718 on Dec 30, 2010

This is a great deal on a huge bar of soap. This soap lathers very well, smells good and is made of a small list of natural ingredients. The weird thing is, my cats like it too! My one cat kept trying to get into the cabinet where I was keeping this soap, finally, one day he was able to pull the soap off the shelf. He rolled all over it and hugged it just like it was catnip! My other cat came over and did the same thing! I had to take it from them because they were tearing the paper wrapper off of it! So funny! (they liked the KissMyFace Olive Oil w Honey soap just the same!)

Very nice

Posted by Reviewer3345745 on May 26, 2008

Pure basic soap that does what it should without a ton of chemicals; doesn't dry the skin.